World Vegan Day
|World Vegan Day|
|Next time||1 November 2016|
World Vegan Day is an annual event celebrated on 1 November, by vegans around the world. The Day was established in 1994 by Louise Wallis, then President & Chair of The Vegan Society, United Kingdom to commemorate its 50th anniversary and in 2014 the 70th anniversary of the term 'vegan', 'veganism', and the establishment of The Vegan Society.
Vegans around the world join together to celebrate animal rights. Animal advocates hold street stalls about veganism, host vegan potluck events, plant memorial trees for World Vegan Day.
Speaking in 2011 Wallis said: "We knew the Society had been founded in November 1944, but didn’t know the exact date, so I decided to go for the 1st November. Partly because I liked the idea of this date coinciding with Samhain/Halloween and the Day of the Dead - traditional times for feasting and celebration. Both apt and auspicious."
- World Vegan Month, Ireland
- World Vegan Day, Germany. Several different events in the metropolitan cities. 
- Annual Boston Vegetarian Food Festival (all day long), free vegan food (many thousands of attendees), sponsored annually and currently by the Boston Vegetarian Society. 
- Adelaide celebrates World Vegan Day every year and takes place on Sunday in November. The first Vegan Festival was held on 4th Nov 2007. The event is possible because of many individual volunteers and members of various organisazions. Kas Ward created Vegan Festival in Adelaide and is the Main Event Coordinator.
- M.A.D. FREE Weekend in Adelaide celebrates World Vegan Day in November. 13–15 November 2009. 
Since 2003 World Vegan Day has been celebrated in Melbourne on the last Sunday of October. from 2003 through 2011. The event was initiated by members of the vegan social group Vegans Unite, and is now organised by a committee affiliated with Vegetarian Victoria. Featured stalls include Lentil as Anything, Invita Living Foods, Animals Australia, Aduki Independent Press, Eco-shout Melbourne, Vegan Society of Australia, ALV, the Melbourne University Food Co-op, Lush Australia, eco store, and many more. 
- Invercargill Vegan Society in Invercargill New Zealand has celebrated World Vegan Day since 2011.  The world's southernmost Animal Rights group, for World Vegan Day 2012 they gave away tofu to butchers, placed posters around their city, gave away Vegan muffins downtown and had a group potluck dinner. World Vegan Day 2013 celebrations included butchershop visits, vegan baking and soymilk giveaways downtown. Vegan activists were included on the CUE TV's news bulletin and gave a soft toy dog to an animal skin preserving factory. A potluck dinner event was held at the Invercargill Public Library as the sun set on World Vegan Day 2013.
- Uruguayan Vegan and Vegetarian Union monthly meeting, End-of-October monthly meeting (18:00hrs), free vegan food, information, gathering.
- Welt Vegan Tag Deutschland (Germany)
- "Annual Boston Vegetarian Food Festival". Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- IVU article reference to M.A.D. FREE weekend
- World Vegan Day Australia (Melbourne) lists events
- Invercargill Vegan Society, Invercargill Vegan Society
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to World Vegan Day.|