Cover for Worlds' Finest #1 (July 2012).
Art by George Pérez.
|Publication date||July 2012 – May 2015|
|Number of issues||33 (#1-32 plus issue numbered 0) a Worlds' Finest: Futures End one-shot, and 1 Annual|
|Main character(s)||Power Girl
|Artist(s)||Geraldo Borges, José Luis García-López, Barry Kitson, Kevin Maguire, Jerry Ordway, George Pérez|
Worlds' Finest is a comic book published by DC Comics, a reimagining of the classic World's Finest Comics, with a similar name but a differently-placed apostrophe. It was announced in January 2012 and launched in May 2012 with a July 2012 cover date. The series was part of a second wave of The New 52 reboot and was one of six titles replacing previously cancelled titles.
Written by Paul Levitz and with art by George Pérez and Kevin Maguire, the series stars the Huntress and Power Girl. In the first issue, the two heroines are established as being from Earth 2, where they used the codenames Robin and Supergirl, respectively, and having accidentally been exiled to the main DC Universe.
Huntress, the daughter of Earth 2's Batman, has maintained a heroic identity for some time. It is revealed in the first issue that Helena Bertinelli has been dead for a long time and that Helena Wayne has been using her identity, as seen in the 2011-2012 Huntress miniseries. Power Girl, in contrast, has functioned solely in her civilian identity of Karen Starr, as a billionaire industrialist using her ownership of Starr Labs as a cover to try to discover a way for them to return home. After a Starr Labs subsidiary in Japan is destroyed, Karen adopts the superhero identity of Power Girl to fight alongside Huntress.
The two eventually succeed in returning to Earth 2, and with issue number #29 the series began to feature the Superman and Batman of Earth 2 as the main characters. The series was cancelled as of issue #32 (May 2015) which went on sale in March 2015.
- Kushins, Josh (January 12, 2012). "DC Comics in 2012-–-Introducing the "Second Wave" of DC Comics The New 52". The Source. DC Comics. Archived from the original on January 14, 2012. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- Rogers, Vaneta (January 13, 2012). "Paul Levitz Explains More About Worlds' Finest, Earth 2". Newsarama. Archived from the original on January 29, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- Worlds' Finest at the Grand Comics Database
- Levitz, Paul (w), Pérez, George; Maguire, Kevin (p), Koblish, Scott (i). "Rebirth" Worlds' Finest 1 (July 2012)
- Kamen, Matt (December 16, 2014). "DC Comics cancels half its line from March 2015". Wired UK. Archived from the original on September 8, 2015.
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|