Worlds Collide (tour)
|Tour by Evanescence and Within Temptation|
|Associated album||The Bitter Truth|
|Start date||March 16, 2022|
|End date||April 15, 2022|
|No. of shows||19 in total|
Worlds Collide (also referred to as Worlds Collide Tour) is an upcoming concert tour co-headlined by American rock band Evanescence and Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation. The tour was originally scheduled to begin in Spring 2020, however due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the concert restrictions and safety measures that had to be subsequently undertaken, the tour was postponed a first time on March 13, 2020, a second time on June 22, 2020, and a third time on April 13, 2021. The tour is scheduled to begin on March 16, 2022, in Madrid, Spain, and will be ending on April 15, 2022, in Zurich, Switzerland.
Background and development
The first time members of both bands met was at an Evanescence concert in 2018, which led Amy Lee to dig deeper into Within Temptation songs. Following a festival in Switzerland during the summer festival season of 2019 that both Evanescence and Within Temptation co-headlined on the same day, the two bands agreed that planning a tour together would be a great idea. A few weeks later, both bands posted teaser clips on their respective social medias regarding an undisclosed project, creating some buzz for a possible tour or musical collaboration. On September 17, 2019, it was announced that they would embark on a tour together in April 2020, passing through seven countries in Europe. According to both Lee and Sharon den Adel, a collaboration between them was something the public of both bands had been asking for a long time. The two bands developing a good personal relationship was another element that led to the conception of the tour, as Lee pointed that her and Den Adel "instantly connected" the first time they met. Regarding the title of the tour, Lee stated that both bands chose it together. According to the singer, although they live in very distant countries and have some differences in their music, they also share a lot of similarities, so the name reflects well the embracing of both.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, both Within Temptation and Evanescence decided to postpone the tour with rescheduled dates to be announced for fall 2020. The tour was then rescheduled to start on September 2, 2020, passing through the same cities. As the pandemic persisted and the occurrence of concerts was still prohibited, the tour was postponed again for September and October 2021, and then for March and April 2022. On the third rescheduling announcement, Evanescence commented on a press release that "we hate to make you wait longer but we are absolutely determined to make this tour we’ve all been looking forward to happening" and asked their fans to "stay safe, stay sane" during the persisting pandemic. Within Temptation also lamented the postponement necessity, but stated that "although we can't make the current situation better than it is, we hope to put a big smile on your faces again soon", also asking the fans to stay safe.
During the outbreak, members of both bands took part at the Together at Home movement, where artists made online live performances from their houses to encourage people to stay home and prevent more infection cases by respecting social distancing.
A few days after the beginning of the sales an extra concert in Amsterdam was added, as the first one had already sold out. On October 29, 2019, five more dates were announced due to high demand and fast selling tickets. Among those dates, three more concerts in the United Kingdom were scheduled as the London one had sold out, one more in Belgium, and Luxembourg also entered the route. By May 2020, after the first reschedule, a total of 150,000 tickets had already been sold. The concert in Munich was rescheduled to take place at a larger venue for the 2022 dates, also due to high tickets demand.
- Amy Lee – lead vocals, keyboards, piano
- Troy McLawhorn – lead guitar
- Jen Majura – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Tim McCord – bass guitar
- Will Hunt – drums, percussion
- Sharon den Adel – vocals
- Ruud Jolie – lead guitar
- Stefan Helleblad – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Martijn Spierenburg – keyboards
- Jeroen van Veen – bass guitar
- Mike Coolen – drums
|March 16, 2022||Leipzig||Germany||Quarterback Immobilien Arena||Smash Into Pieces|
|March 17, 2022||Berlin||Velodrom|
|March 18, 2022||Gliwice||Poland||Gliwice Arena|
|March 20, 2022||Brussels||Belgium||Palais 12|
|March 21, 2022|
|March 23, 2022||Düsseldorf||Germany||Mitsubishi Electric Halle|
|March 24, 2022||Esch-sur-Alzette||Luxembourg||Rockhal|
|March 26, 2022||Munich||Germany||Olympiahalle|
|March 28, 2022||Milan||Italy||Mediolanum Forum|
|March 30, 2022||Paris||France||AccorHotels Arena|
|April 1, 2022||Hamburg||Germany||Barclaycard Arena||Veridia|
|April 4, 2022||Leeds||England||First Direct Arena|
|April 5, 2022||London||The O2 Arena|
|April 7, 2022||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro|
|April 8, 2022||Birmingham||England||Utilita Arena Birmingham|
|April 11, 2022||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome|
|April 12, 2022|
|April 13, 2022||Frankfurt||Germany||Festhalle Frankfurt|
|April 15, 2022||Zurich||Switzerland||Hallenstadion|
|Europe – Original dates|
|April 4, 2020||Brussels||Belgium||Palais 12||COVID-19 pandemic|||
|April 5, 2020||Paris||France||AccorHotels Arena|
|April 7, 2020||London||England||The O2 Arena|
|April 9, 2020||Berlin||Germany||Velodrom|
|April 11, 2020||Frankfurt||Festhalle Frankfurt|
|April 12, 2020||Zurich||Switzerland||Hallenstadion|
|April 14, 2020||Milan||Italy||Mediolanum Forum|
|April 15, 2020||Munich||Germany||Kulturhalle Zenith|
|April 17, 2020||Hamburg||Alsterdorfer Sporthalle|
|April 18, 2020||Leipzig||Arena Leipzig|
|April 20, 2020||Düsseldorf||Mitsubishi Electric Halle|
|April 21, 2020||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome|
|April 22, 2020|
|April 24, 2020||Brussels||Belgium||Palais 12|
|April 26, 2020||Esch-sur-Alzette||Luxembourg||Rockhal|
|April 28, 2020||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro|
|April 30, 2020||Leeds||England||First Direct Arena|
|May 1, 2020||Birmingham||Utilita Arena Birmingham|
|May 3, 2020||Madrid||Spain||Palacio Vistalegre|
|Europe – First postponed dates|
|September 2, 2020||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro||COVID-19 pandemic|||
|September 3, 2020||Leeds||England||First Direct Arena|
|September 5, 2020||Birmingham||Utilita Arena Birmingham|
|September 6, 2020||London||The O2 Arena|
|September 8, 2020||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome|
|September 9, 2020|
|September 11, 2020||Brussels||Belgium||Palais 12|
|September 12, 2020|
|September 14, 2020||Paris||France||AccorHotels Arena|
|September 17, 2020||Hamburg||Germany||Barclaycard Arena|
|September 18, 2020||Leipzig||Quarterback Immobilien Arena|
|September 20, 2020||Gliwice||Poland||Gliwice Arena|
|September 21, 2020||Berlin||Germany||Velodrom|
|September 22, 2020||Munich||Zenith|
|September 24, 2020||Düsseldorf||Mitsubishi Electric Halle|
|September 25, 2020||Esch-sur-Alzette||Luxembourg||Rockhal|
|September 27, 2020||Zurich||Switzerland||Hallenstadion|
|September 29, 2020||Milan||Italy||Mediolanum Forum|
|October 1, 2020 [A]||Madrid||Spain||Palacio Vistalegre|
|Europe – Second postponed dates|
|September 8, 2021||Zurich||Switzerland||Hallenstadion||COVID-19 pandemic|||
|September 9, 2021||Milan||Italy||Mediolanum Forum|
|September 11, 2021||Berlin||Germany||Velodrom|
|September 12, 2021||Gliwice||Poland||Gliwice Arena|
|September 14, 2021||Leipzig||Germany||Quarterback Immobilien Arena|
|September 15, 2021||Hamburg||Barclaycard Arena|
|September 17, 2021||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Ziggo Dome|
|September 18, 2021|
|September 20, 2021||Paris||France||AccorHotels Arena|
|September 21, 2021||Düsseldorf||Germany||Mitsubishi Electric Halle|
|September 22, 2021||Munich||Zenith|
|September 24, 2021||Esch-sur-Alzette||Luxembourg||Rockhal|
|September 26, 2021||Frankfurt||Germany||Festhalle Frankfurt|
|September 27, 2021||Brussels||Belgium||Palais 12|
|September 28, 2021|
|September 30, 2021||Glasgow||Scotland||SSE Hydro|
|October 1, 2021||Leeds||England||First Direct Arena|
|October 3, 2021||Birmingham||Utilita Arena Birmingham|
|October 4, 2021||London||The O2 Arena|
|October 9, 2021||Lisbon||Portugal||Altice Arena|
- A^ Show would have featured Evanescence only.
- "EVANESCENCE And WITHIN TEMPTATION To Join Forces For 'Worlds Collide' 2020 European Tour". Blabbermouth.net.
- "Evanescence and Within Temptation announce co-headline European tour". Louder.
- "Evanescence And Within Temptation Announce 2020 UK And European Tour". Kerrang.
- "Within Temptation en Evanescence samen op tournee". Ad.nl (in Dutch).
- "Evanescence And Within Temptation Postpone UK/European Tour". Kerrang!. March 13, 2020. Retrieved March 13, 2020.
- "Evanescence And Within Temptation Postpone Worlds Collide Tour To 2021". Kerrang!. June 22, 2020. Retrieved June 22, 2020.
- "Evanescence And Within Temptation push back European Tour To 2022". Blabbermouth.net. April 13, 2021. Retrieved April 13, 2020.
- ""We Instantly Connected In A Beautiful Way": An Epic Conversation With Amy Lee And Sharon Den Adel". Kerrang.
- "Exclusive: Amy Lee and Sharon Den Adel reveal the first time they met". Metal Hammer.
- "Official Facebook announcement". Facebook.
- "WITHIN TEMPTATION Announce European Co-Headline Tour With EVANESCENCE". Bravewords.
- "Evanescence and Within Temptation announce rescheduled Worlds Collide tour". Louder. April 3, 2020. Retrieved April 3, 2020.
- "Evanescence and Within Temptation have announced that they have pushed their tour back to 2022". Rock Sound. April 13, 2021. Retrieved April 13, 2021.
- "WITHIN TEMPTATION Performs Live Show On INSTAGRAM As Part Of #TogetherAtHome Series (Video)". Blabbermouth.net. March 25, 2020. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- "Vance Joy to perform on livestream for Together At Home campaign". NME. March 22, 2020. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- "Extra show Within Temptation en Evanescence na 'razendsnelle uitverkoop'". NU.nl (in Dutch).
- "WITHIN TEMPTATION And EVANESCENCE Add Dates To 'Worlds Collide' European Tour". Blabbermouth.net.
- "Evanescence and Within Temptation add extra dates to the Worlds Collide tour". Metal Hammer.
- "Due to demand extra arena shows in Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham have been added". List.co.uk.
- "WITHIN TEMPTATION Is Planning To Release More New Music In Coming Months". Blabbermouth.net.