Wormerveer in the municipality of Zaanstad.
Wormerveer has a population of around 11,225.
Wormerveer was a separate municipality until 1974, when it became a part of the new municipality of Zaanstad.
- Railway station Wormerveer
There are 4 trains per hour from Monday to Friday to Amsterdam.
2 trains per hour operate on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Herman Gorter
- Gerrit Mannoury
- Hamlet Oddsocks prominent LTO member
- Piet-Hein Out Dutch circus photographer
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2004-2010 . As of 7 February 2011.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Wormerveer". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|