Wot's... Uh the Deal?
|"Wot's... Uh the Deal?"|
|Song by Pink Floyd from the album Obscured by Clouds|
|Published||World Copyrights Ltd|
|Released||3 June 1972 (UK)
15 June 1972 (US)
|Recorded||February, March 1972
Château d'Hérouville, Pontoise, France
|Genre||Progressive rock, folk rock|
"Wot's... Uh the Deal?" is a song from Pink Floyd's 1972 album, Obscured by Clouds. The song features multi-tracked vocals by David Gilmour, and lyrics by Roger Waters of which describe taking advantage of certain opportunities life gives and how they affect a person later on. The title is taken from the song's lyrics "Flash the readies, Wot's...Uh the Deal" and is reported to be a phrase by roadie Chris Adamson. David Gilmour performed it at several shows on his 2006 On an Island tour and it appears on the live DVD and BD, Remember That Night (2007) and on the vinyl version of his live album Live in Gdansk. It was also made available to download for people who bought the deluxe edition or iTunes edition.
- David Gilmour – acoustic guitars, lap steel guitar, lead and backing vocals
- Richard Wright – piano and Hammond organ
- Roger Waters – bass
- Nick Mason – drums
David Gilmour 2006 live personnel
- David Gilmour – acoustic guitar, lap steel guitar, lead vocals
- Richard Wright – piano
- Jon Carin – organ, backing vocals
- Phil Manzanera – acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Guy Pratt – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Steve DiStanislao – drums
- Strong, Martin C. (2004). The Great Rock Discography (7th ed.). Edinburgh: Canongate Books. p. 1177. ISBN 1-84195-551-5.
- Mabbett, Andy (1995). The Complete Guide to the Music of Pink Floyd. London: Omnibus Press. ISBN 0-7119-4301-X.
- Manning, Toby (2006). "The Albums". The Rough Guide to Pink Floyd (1st ed.). London: Rough Guides. p. 164. ISBN 1-84353-575-0.
|This 1970s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|