From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Wotan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wotan or Wōden was a major deity in continental German and Anglo-Saxon paganism.
Wotan may also refer to:
- Odin, the Norse variant of Wōden
- Wotan Wilke Möhring (born 1967), German actor
- Wotan, a character based on the god in Richard Wagner's opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen
- "Wotan", an essay on the god by Carl Jung included in Notes of the Seminar Given in 1928–1930
- Operation Wotan, a World War II German panzer operation with the goal of capturing Moscow in 1941
- The start codeword for Operation Barbarossa
Brand names and vehicles
- MV Wotan, a German tanker in service 1913-14 and 1915–19
- Wotan, an A7V that was scrapped by the Allies in 1919, also a replica A7V that was built in the 1980s.
- Wotan I, also known as X-Gerät and Wotan, a German World War II radio navigation project
- Wotan II, also known as Y-Gerät, another German radio navigation project
- WOTAN, a villain in the Doctor Who franchise
- Wotan (comics), a villain who fought Doctor Fate and the Golden Age Green Lantern
- Wotanism (W.O.T.A.N. or Will Of The Aryan Nation), a white separatist movement promulgated by David Lane
- Wotanism (disambiguation)
- Woden (disambiguation)
- Odin (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wotan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.