Martin Church and houses in 2015
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Arie Noordergraaf (acting) (SGP)|
|• Total||51.70 km2 (19.96 sq mi)|
|• Land||49.34 km2 (19.05 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.36 km2 (0.91 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||296/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The city of Woudrichem was granted city rights in 1356.
The city of Woudrichem is the largest settlement in the municipality. It is situated on the southbank of where the rivers Waal and Afgedamde Maas join to form the Boven Merwede. The other population centres in the municipality were:
The municipal council of Woudrichem hax 15 members. The mayor was Arie Noordergraaf of the Reformed Political Party (SGP). On January 1sth 2019 it joined Werkendam and Aalburg in the new municipality of Altena.
- Louwrens Hanedoes (1822 in Woudrichem - 1905 in Woudrichem) landscape painter; in the Romantic style, later turning to Realism.
- Leendert Antonie Donker (1899 in Almkerk – 1956) politician.
- Hans van Helden (born 1948 in Almkerk) former speed skater
- "College van B&W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Woudrichem. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 4285CP". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This North Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|