This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Food and beverage|
Fast food restaurants
|Founder||Sagar J. Daryani,|
Binod K. Homagai
Number of locations
|Sagar Daryani (CEO),|
Binod Kumar Homagai (COO),
Shah Miftaur Rahman (CFO)
|Revenue||₹135 crore (FY 2017-18)|
Number of employees
Wow! Momo is an Indian chain of fast food restaurants headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India, specializing in momos, dumpling popular in Nepal, Tibet and India. It was established in 2008 by Sagar Daryani and Binod Homagai, alumni of St. Xavier's College, in Kolkata.
The company is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. In 2019, after Tiger Global Management's investment of ₹130cr, the company was valued at over ₹860 crore.
The company was founded by Sagar Jagdish Daryani and Binod Kumar Homagai, who started selling steamed momos from their 6 by 6 kiosk in Springdale Spencer. The initial stores were kiosks inside hypermarkets of Big Bazaar and Spencer's in Kolkata, which paved a way of opening food outlets in malls, tech parks and other commercial locations.
WOW! Momo has expanded to Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Chennai, Lucknow, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri and Kanpur. As of October 2018, WOW! Momo has over 200 outlets across 13 cities in India.
Awards and recognition
- Best Dim-sum product chain –Indian Restaurant Congress Award 2016
- Best Unique Retail Concept Award – Images Retail Award 2017
- Coca-Cola Golden Spoon Award – Best Quick Service Restaurant in Indian origin 2018
- Coca-Cola Golden Spoon Award – Best Innovation in Store Design 2018
- Nandi, Ipshita (26 July 2010). "Momo on the move". The Telegraph. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- Raturi, Prerna (20 December 2011). "Appetite For Profit". Entrepreneur India. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Mr. Sagar J Daryani, Founder, Wow! Momo addresses the BIBS students". BIBS. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Let's talk business". The Telegraph. 19 December 2010. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "WoW Momo has tigers Rs130cr". Economic Times. 19 September 2019. Retrieved 19 September 2019.
- "Indian Restaurant Congress". Restaurantindia.in. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Images Retail Awards honour excellence in retail". Indiaretailing.com. 21 September 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Coca Cola Golden Spoon Awards honour Food and Grocery Retailers". medianews4u.com. 20 January 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
|This product or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|