Wowser (TV series)
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Screenshot from Wowser
(Don-Don Domeru/Domel to Ron)
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Keiichiro Mochizuki|
|Written by||Kaoru Toshima|
|Studio||Telescreen Japan Inc.
|Original network||TV Tokyo|
|Original run||5 April 1988 – 27 March 1989|
Wowser (どんどんドメルとロン Don-Don Domeru/Domel to Ron?) is an anime based on the Belgian cartoon comic strip Cubitus. It consisted of 52 two-part episodes the running time of 20 minutes in total, and it originally aired from 5 April 1988 to 27 March 1989.
Wowser is a big white dog who lives with his owner, the Professor. In each episode, Wowser's appetite and the Professor's inventions, along with the interference of their wacky neighbors, results in chaos.
- Wowser (Cubitus in French and German, Dommel (ドメル Domeru) in Japanese, Dutch, Polish and Spanish, Teodoro in Italian and Kaaboul in Arabic) is the main character. A large tall white dog, he has a good-natured personality but a humongous appetite. Japanese voice actor: Naoki Tatsuta. English voice actor: Mark Hamill
- Professor Dingy (Sémaphore in French, Ron (ロン) in Japanese and Polish, Semafoor in Dutch, Professore in Italian and Abqarino in Arabic) is Wowser's owner who has a big white moustache and wears a pink sweater. He is a genius inventor, although his eccentric creations usually backfire on him. Japanese voice actor: Kaneta Kimotsuki. English voice actor: Bob Bergen
- Ratso (Sénéchal in French, Blackie (ブラッキー Burakkī) in Japanese and Polish, Balthazar in Dutch and Spanish, Gatto in Italian and Mushakess in Arabic) is a neighbourhood cat who appears to be Wowser's rival/sometimes Wowser's friend. He is an annoying black & white cat who often sabotages the Professor's inventions. Japanese voice actress: Rika Matsumoto. English voice actor: Robert Axelrod.
- Linda Lovely (Cherry (チェリー Cherī) in Japanese, Dutch and Polish, and Nadine in Arabic; her name is also Linda in Italian version) is a teenager who seems to take quite a fancy interest towards Wowser. Japanese voice actress: Mīna Tominaga.
- Bob Lovely is Linda's young little brother.
- Betrice (Beatrix (ベアトリクス Beatorikusu) in Japanese, Dutch and Polish, Bea in Italian) is a rather bossy middle aged woman who is often very rude to Wowser. Japanese voice actress: Kazuko Sugiyama.
- Officer Whistle is a policeman who keeps a whistle in his mouth which is used to tell people off when there is trouble about. Japanese voice actor: Kōichi Yamadera.
In the U.S. in 1990 and 1991, the videos of the Wowser series were released in 4 volumes, and also in mini features of the running time of 30 minutes and 60 minutes.
"Fly away - Yume no Hikouki" sung by Mitsuko Horie
"GO! GO! My Friend" sung by Mitsuko Horie