Wrap Her Up
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Wrap Her Up"|
|Single by Elton John|
|from the album Ice on Fire|
|Songwriter(s)||Elton John, Bernie Taupin, Charlie Morgan, Paul Westwood, Davey Johnstone, Fred Mandel|
|Elton John singles chronology|
"Wrap Her Up" is a song by English rock performer Elton John, featured on his 1985 album, Ice on Fire. George Michael is featured on the song. Released as a single, it reached number 12 in the UK Singles Chart, number 26 in Canada on the RPM Top Singles chart and number 20 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
The song is notable for the number of famous women's names dropped towards the end of the song, including Kiki Dee, who had duetted with Elton on the hit song "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" in 1976, and also provided background vocals for "Wrap Her Up". Other notable mentions include Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn, Dusty Springfield, Billie Jean King, Vanessa Williams, Nancy Reagan, Julie Andrews, Annie Lennox, Shirley Temple, Tallulah Bankhead, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Little Eva, Mata Hari, Joan Collins, Brigitte Bardot, Doris Day, Samantha Fox, Priscilla Presley.
A music video was recorded for the song, which was directed by Russell Mulcahy, and featured John and George Michael, as well as Kiki Dee and John's backing band. The video was featured in the video compilation version of The Very Best of Elton John in 1990, but the song was not included on any formats of the audio release edition of the compilation. The music video version of the song is abridged, with a running time of 4 minutes 11 seconds, almost two minutes shorter than the album version.
- Elton John – vocals
- George Michael – vocals
- Davey Johnstone – electric guitar, backing vocals
- Paul Westwood – bass guitar
- Fred Mandel – keyboards, sequencers
- Charlie Morgan – drums
- David Bitelli – tenor and baritone saxophones
- Paul Spong – trumpets
- Raul D'oleivera – trumpets
- Rick Taylor – trombone
- Phil Todd – alto saxophone
- James Newton Howard – string arrangements
- Kiki Dee – backing vocals
- Katie Kissoon – backing vocals
- Pete Wingfield – backing vocals
- "Elton John - full Official Chart History - Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Elton John Wrap Her Up Chart History". Retrieved 25 April 2018.
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|