|Single by Brad Paisley|
|from the album Part II|
|B-side||"All You Really Need Is Love"|
|Released||August 20, 2001|
|Format||CD single, VHS single, 7" 45 RPM|
|Length||3:22 (album version)
3:06 (single version)
|Brad Paisley singles chronology|
"Wrapped Around" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Brad Paisley. It was released in August 2001 as the second single released from Paisley's album Part II and reached a peak of number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in February 2002. It also peaked at number 35 on the Hot 100, making it a minor crossover hit. Paisley wrote this song with Kelley Lovelace and Chris DuBois.
The narrator talks about how his significant other is all he ever thinks about and consumes his life. He then discusses how she has had him "wrapped around her finger" since the first time they went out. He discusses how he thinks it is time to get married even though they have only been together for seven months.
Chuck Taylor, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that the song has "a personality-packed vocal performance, an infectious uptempo melody marked by an insinuating guitar riff, and a happy-to-be-in-love lyric." Taylor also calls it a "perky anthem" and says that Rogers' production "exemplifies all that is good about both contemporary and traditional country music."
The music video was directed by Brad Paisley and Jim Shea and was filmed on June 2, 2001. It begins with two children who say they are in love. Paisley says that "it's only been seven months" and the boy states "but that's long enough!" It also features Paisley in concert and around the theme park, Dollywood.
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- Glen Duncan - fiddle
- Kevin "Swine" Grantt - bass guitar
- Bernie Herms - piano
- Wes Hightower - background vocals
- Gary Hooker - acoustic guitar
- Mike Johnson - steel guitar
- Mitch McMitchen - percussion
- Brad Paisley - lead vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 6 string tic tac
"Wrapped Around" debuted at number 49 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of September 1, 2001.
|US Billboard Hot 100||35|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||29|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 313. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard.com - Artist Chart History - Brad Paisley
- Billboard, August 25, 2001add
- "Brad Paisley – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Brad Paisley. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Brad Paisley – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Brad Paisley. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Best of 2002: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2002. Retrieved August 13, 2012.