Wrapped Up in You
|"Wrapped Up in You"|
|Single by Garth Brooks|
|from the album Scarecrow|
|Released||October 15, 2001|
|Garth Brooks singles chronology|
"Wrapped Up in You" is a song written by Wayne Kirkpatrick and recorded by American Country Music artist Garth Brooks. It was released in October 2001 as the second single from his eighth studio album Scarecrow. It reached number 5 on the Billboard Country Charts in 2002 and number 46 on the Billboard Hot 100.
"Wrapped Up In You" is a love song. A man expresses his love for a special someone using various analogies and describing how she supports him in hard times and how his life would be if she weren't around. The song doesn't feature any drums, but does have traces of percussion (such as maracas). It is in the key G Major.
The song's music video opens with a quartet of old men at a barbershop executing unique and moderately complex percussions, using household objects such as a broom, board game piece, newspaper etc. while Garth and back-up band arrive for a bite to eat. Garth and co. can't get in the restaurant but notice the old men's performance. They pick-up some instruments lying about and join them to perform the song. A small group of women appear near the end of the song and observe the men's performance. This video was directed by Jon Small, and was shot in Watertown, Tennessee.
"Wrapped Up in You" debuted at number 22 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the chart week of October 27, 2001.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Billboard Hot 100||46|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||43|
Compiled from liner notes.
- Sam Bacco — drums, percussion
- Garth Brooks — vocals
- Wayne Kirkpatrick, Gordon Kennedy — acoustic guitars
- Jimmy Mattingly — fiddle
- Terry McMillan — harmonica
- Jimmie Lee Sloas — bass guitar
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- "Garth Brooks – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Garth Brooks.
- "Garth Brooks – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Garth Brooks.
- "Best of 2002: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2002. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Scarecrow (CD booklet). Garth Brooks. Capitol Records. 2001. 31330.