WrestleWar was a professional wrestling pay-per-view event series promoted by World Championship Wrestling (WCW). It was held in the month of May in 1989 and 1992 and the month of February in 1990 and 1991. The first two events were promoted under the National Wrestling Alliance banner, the final two under the WCW name.
In 1993, WCW held SuperBrawl III in February and the first ever Slamboree show in May, which replaced the WrestleWar show on the schedule from that point until WCW closed in 2001. After WCW closed all rights to their television and PPV shows were bought by WWE, including the WrestleWar shows. With the launch of the WWE Network in 2014 all WrestleWar shows became available on demand for network subscribers.
Dates, venues, and main events
- List of NWA/WCW closed-circuit events and pay-per-view events
- National Wrestling Alliance
- World Championship Wrestling
- "WrestleWar 1989 Review results". The History of WWE. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- "WrestlWar 1990". Pro Wrestling History. February 25, 1990. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "WrestlWar 1991". Pro Wrestling History. February 24, 1991. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "WrestlWar 1992". Pro Wrestling History. May 27, 1992. Retrieved May 30, 2015.