Wright Gemini 2
- This article is about an integral double-decker bus. For the bodywork built for Volvo chassis, see Wright Eclipse Gemini 2.
|Wright Gemini 2|
A Wright Gemini 2 DB300 operated by Go-Ahead London.
|Body and chassis|
|Doors||1 or 2 door|
|Floor type||Low floor|
|Chassis||Integral with chassis modules built by VDL - officially known as VDL DB300|
|Engine||Gemini 2 DL:
Cummins ISBe 6-cylinder
Gemini 2 HEV:
|Transmission||Gemini 2 DL:
It was constructed as an integral with VDL chassis modules. It is available in two versions, the diesel-powered version (known as the Gemini 2 DL) and the diesel-electric hybrid version (known as the Gemini 2 HEV). The Gemini 2 DL is offered with Cummins ISBe 6-cylinder engine with Voith or ZF gearbox, and the Gemini 2 HEV is offered with Siemens series hybrid drive system with a Ford Puma engine for power generation. The bodywork utilized some lighter materials so that the vehicle is lighter than the Eclipse Gemini- and Pulsar Gemini-bodied buses.
The Gemini 2 was unveiled in the Euro Bus Expo 2008 which was held in November 2008, with one of the five Gemini 2 HEVs for First London appearing on the show. These five Gemini 2 HEVs were put into service in January 2009. The first Gemini 2 DL entered service with London General in early 2009, followed by four Gemini 2 DLs for First London shortly afterwards. Arriva had also introduced Gemini 2s for UK operation in and outside London.
- "Bus and Coach News - New integrated Wrightbus double-deck" (13 December 2007). Retrieved on 1 August 2009.
- "The Wright Group - Wrightbus leading the hybrid electric way in London" (2 October 2008). Retrieved on 1 August 2009.
- "The Wright Group - Gemini 2 - Wrightbus points the way to the future of double deckers" (4 November 2008). Retrieved on 1 August 2009.
- Buses Magazine December 2008, Issue 645
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wright Gemini 2 DL.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wright Gemini 2 HEV.|