Wrights (textile manufacturers)
Wrights is a brand of trim and other textiles for home sewing. It and its subsidiary Lending Textile operate using Wright, EZ Quilting, Boye and Bondex as brands. Since November 2017 it has been part of CSS Industries.
Wrights was founded in Massachusetts in 1897 as William E. Wright & Sons. Wright & Sons remained independent until 1985, when a group of shareholders—including a grandson of the founder—enabled the Newell Company to acquire a minority share in the company; by the end of the year Newell had achieved majority control and by 1987 total ownership. In 1989 Boye Needle Company was merged into Wrights. In 2000 Conso International, a South Carolina manufacturer of trims to the wholesale trade, and owners of the Simplicity Pattern brand, bought the company. Conso changed its name to Simplicity Creative Group and was acquired by Wilton Brands LLC and in November 2017 by CSS Industries.
- "Home: About Us". Simplicity Creative Group. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- "Newell Co. - Company Profile". referenceforbusiness.com. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- "Conso acquires Massachusetts company". Spartanburg Herald-Journal. 2000-11-22. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "Simplicity Creative Group, Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "CSS Industries, Inc. Acquires Simplicity Creative Group". Business Wire (press release). 2017-11-03. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
|This textile arts article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|