|Platform||Web, iOS, and Android|
|Available in||English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin|
|Type||Project Management,, collaboration and productivity software|
|Alexa rank||4,955 (September 2018[update])|
Wrike was founded in 2006 by Andrew Filev. Filev initially self-funded the company before obtaining investor funding later on. Wrike released the beta version of its software (also called Wrike) in December 2006, and publicly debuted the application that month at the Le Web 3 conference in Paris, where it won the prize for the B2B category. They then launched a new "Enterprise" platform aimed at larger businesses in December 2013.
In 2016 Wrike launched a datacenter in Europe to host data in compliance with local privacy regulations. In July of the same year Wrike announced the launch of Wrike for Marketers, their first move into verticalized solutions. The product was designed around the typical marketing workflow, which often revolves around briefs, requests, assignments, reviews and approvals.
After bootstrapping the company for nearly 7 years, Wrike received $1 million in Angel funding in 2012 from TMT Investments. Wrike secured $10 million in investment funding from Bain Capital in October 2013. In May 2015, the company secured $15 million in a new round of funding. Investors included Scale Venture Partners, DCM Ventures, and Bain Capital. At that time, Wrike had 8,000 customers, 200 employees, and 30,000 new users each month.
In November 29, 2018 Wrike has signed a definitive agreement to receive a majority investment by Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), a leading investment firm focused on software, data and technology-enabled businesses. The company’s strong track record of growth - which has landed Wrike on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™ list for the last four years - and customer service has made Wrike a leader in the rapidly growing collaborative work management market. 
The Wrike project management software is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product that enables its users to manage and track projects, deadlines, schedules, and other workflow processes. It also allows users to collaborate with one another. The application is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese and Russian. The primary goal of the software is to help streamline workflow and allow companies to focus on core tasks. As of 2016, it was used by over 12,000 companies
Wrike is designed around a minimalist multi-pane UI and consists of features in two categories: project management, and team collaboration. Project Management features are those which help teams track dates and dependencies associated with projects, manage assignments and resources, and track time. These include an interactive Gantt chart, a workload view, and a sortable table that can be customized to store project data.
Collaboration features are those designed to aid in conversations, asset creation, and decision-making by teams. These include Wrike's Live co-editor, discussion threads on tasks, and tools for attaching documents, editing them, and tracking their changes. Wrike uses an "inbox" feature and browser notifications to alert users of updates from their colleagues and dashboards for quick overviews of pending tasks. These updates are also available in Wrike's mobile apps on iOS and Android. Wrike has an optional feature set called "Wrike for Marketers" which has several tools for managing marketing workflows. According to Wrike's website, these tools include intake forms, proofing and approval, and document versioning.
In May 2012, Wrike announced the launch of a freemium version of its software for teams of up to 5 users. That year also saw the integration of a live text coeditor into its workspace to unify collaboration and task management. In late 2013 Wrike released a new feature set called Wrike Enterprise which included advanced analytics and other tools targeted at large business customers. Since then it's released several major updates to Wrike Enterprise, including a customizable spreadsheet called "Dynamic Platform" in late 2014 and custom workflows for teams in 2015. In July 2016, Wrike was updated with a set of add-on features under the name "Wrike for Marketers," which includes integrations with Adobe Photoshop, a tool for submitting requests, and proofing and approval tools for creative assets like videos and images.
Wrike is available as native Android and iOS apps. Mobile apps include an interactive Gantt chart that syncs across devices. The apps are available offline, and sync when connection is restored.
Wrike integrates with a number of other enterprise systems. These include:
Recognition and awards
- 2006 - Le Web 3 Prize in B2B category
- 2008 - eWeek Excellence Award in Productivity Applications category
- 2011 - SenchaCon Contest (Third Place)
- 2011 - Finalist in the American Business Awards in the category “Computer Software – New Version”
- 2014 - Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- 2016 - GetApp Rank Wrike as the Best Project Management Software
- 2016 - Named Leader Among the FrontRunners for Project Management Report for Q3
- 2016 - Named Leader in Enterprise Collaborative Work Management by Forrester Wave
Wrike's headquarters is situated in San Jose, California, where the company moved from Mountain View in February 2016 announcing 150 jobs over the following 3 years. In June 2015, Wrike announced the opening of a new office in Dublin, Ireland and plans to create fifty jobs there over the next two years. In October 2016, that estimate was bumped to 80 jobs. Wrike also has offices in St.Petersburg, Russia, and Kiev, Ukraine.
Company recognition and awards
- 2009 - Red Herring's Top 100 Global Company Award
- 2015 - Listed in by Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500TM Ranking
- 2015 - Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by San Francisco Business Times/Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Comparison of project management software
- Comparison of time-tracking software
- List of collaborative software
- List of project management software
- List of applications with iCalendar support
- "wrike.com Traffic Statistics". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- Martinez, Juan; Duffy, Jill (July 17, 2017). "Wrike". PC Magazine.
- Lardinois, Frederic (15 December 2014). "Wrike Brings Deep Customization Options To Its Project Management Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Rogers, Bruce. "Andrew Filev's Wrike Wants to Bring Project Management and Collaboration to the Masses". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "The LeWeb3 winner of the start-up competition". Blog Wrike. 2006-12-12. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Williams, Alex. "Wrike Launches Enterprise Platform For Project Management And A Data Driven Business World". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike continues European expansion with new Dublin office General, Technology, news for Ireland, FDI, Ireland,". www.businessworld.ie. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Lardinois, Frederic. "Wrike launches project management tool for marketers". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike, Inc. - TMT Investments". tmtinvestments.com.
- "Wrike Raises $10M From Bain Capital for Project Management Tools". AllThingsD. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Lardinois, Frederic. "Work Management Platform Wrike Raises $15M Series B Round". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Task management app Wrike takes on $15M as enterprise revenue growth continues". VentureBeat. 2015-05-06. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike to Receive Majority Investment from Vista Equity Partners". www.wrike.com. Retrieved 2019-02-17.
- Sharma, Mahesh. "Wrike Reveals New UI And Time-Broadcasting Feature To Keep Employees On Task". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike - Marketing Project Management". Wrike. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Ha, Anthony. "Wrike Releases A Free Version Of Its Project Management App". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Finley, Klint. "Etherpad Now Baked Into Social Project Management App Wrike". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Kepes, Ben. "Wrike Introduces Custom Workflows To Its Platform". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike - Project Management - Android Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike: Project Management & Collaboration on the App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Williams, Alex. "Wrike Launches A Mobile Gantt Chart With Syncing So Everyone Can See The Latest Updates". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Williams, Alex. "Wrike Adds Real-Time Update Capabilities To Let Employees Manage Tasks Online And Offline". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike Integrates with Box to Improve File and Project Management". CMSWire.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "43 Apps and Extensions Making Google Chrome the Best Small Business Browser". PCMAG. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike integrates with Microsoft Teams - Financial News". www.financial-news.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Mercer, Matt Egan & Christina. "16 best free project management software programs 2017". Techworld. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Top 7 Project Management Tools". Business 2 Community. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Austin, Marcus. "Wrike integrates with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure AD". Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike: New Custom Fields, Android App, Salesforce Templates". Project-Management.com. 2015-09-04. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Rao, Leena. "Project Management Tool Wrike Opens Up API". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Share your Plans with Wrike - LeWeb3 Startup Winner | Scoutness". scoutness.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "eWEEK Excellence Awards Honorees Reflect New IT Computing Trends, Challenges". eWEEK. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "SenchaCon 2011 Contest Winners". Sencha. 2011-10-27. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "New Product Awards & Product Management Category Finalists | Stevie Awards". stevieawards.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Cool Vendors in Social Software and Collaboration, 2014". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "GetApp's Top 25 Project Management Category Leaders". GetApp. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- O'Loughlin, Eileen. "Best Project Management Software - 2017 Reviews & Pricing". www.softwareadvice.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Collaborative Work Management, Q4 2016" (PDF). Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- Freeman, Mike. "Software outfit Wrike expands in San Diego". sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Kennedy, John (2015-06-29). "Wrike to create 50 new jobs in Dublin". Silicon Republic. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Kennedy, John (2016-10-21). "Software firm has the Wrike stuff to create 30 new jobs". Silicon Republic. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Wrike". CrunchBase. 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500 Rating" (PDF). Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- Cooper, Julia (16 March 2015). "Best Places to Work 2015 finalists: Smallest companies". San Francisco Business Times/Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 23 June 2015.