Wrist (Chris Brown song)
|Song by Chris Brown featuring Solo Lucci|
|from the album Royalty|
|Released||December 3, 2015|
"Wrist" is a song by American recording artist Chris Brown from his seventh studio album Royalty. It was launched along with on iTunes pre-order albums on December 3, 2015. It was produced by The MeKanics and Khemasis and features guest appearances by Solo Lucci. The song received mixed reviews from music critics and peaked at number 17 on the US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles, and number 46 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
"Wrist" received mixed reviews from music critics. Michael Arcenaux of Complex said that the song "comes across as rather banal and beneath Brown’s talent". Brad Wete of Billboard said that the song is one of the standout moments on Royalty, comparing it to Brown's previous single "Look at Me Now" (2011). Mike Pizzo of Las Vegas Weekly said that in the song Solo Lucci is a "Future ripoff". Brandon Caldwell of Houston Press said that the song "sucks", criticizing its lyrics, calling them "banal and repetitive", and its production, calling it "one of Brown's worst songs", and he ended saying that "Brown is a legend, of the bad-boy variety. He’s also the creator of far too many songs that should never have left the studio, “Wrist” included".
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||17|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||46|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Chris Brown connects with Solo Lucci for "Wrist" off the upcoming "Royalty" album". Hotnewhiphop.com. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Foreign Teck". Instagram.com. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- Caldwell, Brandon (2016-01-06). "Chris Brown's "Wrist": Why This Song Sucks". Houston Press. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- Brad Wete (2015-12-18). "Chris Brown Falls Short of King on 'Royalty': Album Review". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Chris Brown - Wrist (Explicit Version) ft. Solo Lucci". YouTube. December 15, 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Review: Chris Brown's New Album, 'Royalty', Is A Directionless Mess | Complex UK". Uk.complex.com. 2015-12-18. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- Mike Pizzo (2015-12-16). "Album review: Chris Brown's 'Royalty'". Las Vegas Weekly. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- "Chart Search – Chris Brown". Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles for Chris Brown. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "American single certifications – Chris Brown – Tempo". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 31, 2019. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.