|Genre||Wizard rock, rock music|
|Founded by||Abby Hupp|
Wrockstock was a yearly music festival featuring wizard rock, music inspired by the world of Harry Potter. Its name is a play on the music festival Woodstock. Wrockstock was first held in 2007. Organized by Abby Hupp, it was the first large Wizard Rock gathering of its kind that was not part of a general Harry Potter fan conference. It took place at the YMCA summer camp near Ozark, Missouri. The first year it was titled "WRockstock Spooktacular". It doubled as a fundraiser for the Harry Potter Alliance, a charitable foundation run by Harry Potter fans. Its final festival was in 2013.
The events were broadcast live over the internet for those unable to attend in person.
|WRockstock Spooktacular||October 26–28, 2007|
|Wrockstock II||May 23–26, 2008||15 bands, more than 300 attendees.|
|Wrockstock III||November 6–9, 2009||500 attendees|
|Wrockstock IV||November 5–8, 2010|
|Wrockstock V||October 28–31, 2011|
|Wrockstock Reunited||July 26–28, 2013||Held in Saint Louis|
- "Wrockstock Festival Dates Announced". WIRED, 8/11/2009.
- Erin A. Pyne. "The Ultimate Guide to the Harry Potter Fandom". Winter Park, Florida: Flux Comics Publishing, Inc. Pages 185-186.
- Alan Scher Zagier. "Harry Potter devotees put wizard tales to music". USA Today, 6/18/2008 .
- "Our Weapon is Love: WRockstock 2008". WIRED, 5/20/2008.
- Rohlman, Kelli. "Identity, Rhetoric and Behavior: The Contradictory Communities of Wizard Rock". Diss. Texas Tech University, 2010.
- "Get Ready for the Wrockstock Spooktacular!". Wizrockpedia.
- "Wrockstock 2008 Registration Opens".
- Rohlman, Kelli. "Identity, Rhetoric and Behavior: The Contradictory Communities of Wizard Rock". Diss. Texas Tech University, 2010. Page 16.
- Linda Austin. "Harry Potter fans to rock out this evening and weekend". examiner.com.
- Keith Hawk. "Registration now open for Wrockstock V coming this October". MuggleNet.
- "Flashback Friday – Wrockstock Spooktacular". Wizrocklopedia.
- Terrell, Jennifer. "Transmediated Magic: Sociality in Wizard Rock." Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG), 2011 Eighth International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.