Wuhan Institute of Technology
|Motto||团结 严谨 勤奋 求实 (in Chinese)|
Motto in English
|Unity, Rigour, Diligence and Seeking truth|
|Established||June 18, 1972|
|President||Wang CunWen (王存文)|
|Campus||Urban, 1,600 mu (亩) (1.07 sq km)|
Wuhan Institute of Technology (WIT; simplified Chinese: 武汉工程大学; traditional Chinese: 武漢工程大學; pinyin: Wǔhàn Gōngchéng Dàxué; colloquially 武工大, Pinyin: WǔGōngDà) is a university in Wuhan, Hubei province, China.
The university was founded in 1972 as Hubei Institute of Petrochemical and Chemical Technology (湖北化工石油学院). It was under the administration of the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China.
In 1980, with the authorization of the Ministry of Education of China, it was renamed Wuhan Institute of Chemical Technology (武汉化工学院). In 2006 it was renamed again as Wuhan Institute of Technology (武汉工程大学) by the Ministry of Education.
Organization and administration
WIT has 15 schools:
- School of Chemical Engineering and Pharmacy
- School of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- School of Material Science and engineering
- School of Environment and Civil Engineering
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Economic management
- School of Law & Business
- School of computer science and engineering
- School of Science
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Arts
- School of Adult Education
- International School
- Department of P.E.
- School of Telecommunication & Information Engineering
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wuhan University.|
- Official website (English version)
- Official website (简体中文版)
- Official BBS (简体中文)
- Wuhan Institute of Technology Alumni Network