Wuhan Metropolitan Area Intercity Railway
Wuhan Metropolitan Area Intercity Railway (Chinese: 武汉城市圈城际铁路; pinyin: Wǔhàn chéngshì quān chéngjì tiělù) is a network of high-speed commuter railways in and around Wuhan, the capital of the Chinese province Hubei. The first line of the system opened at the end of 2013; several more are under construction.
The network will include the following lines:
- The Wuhan–Xianning Intercity Railway, opened on December 28, 2013. The system's first line connects Wuhan's Wuchang Railway Station with the city's southern suburbs and the city of Xianning. Initially, the service is very limited (a few trains a day), but eventually it will be brought to a commuter frequency.
- The Wuhan–Huangshi Intercity Railway and Wuhan–Huanggang Intercity Railway share tracks within Wuhan's eastern suburbs and then splits into two branches, the Huangshi line goes toward Ezhou, Huangshi, and Daye, while the Huanggang line crosses the Yangtze River to Huanggang. The construction of the line was largely completed by the end of December 2013. After a period of testing, the two lines opened on June 18, 2014. The Wuhan–Huangshi line will also serve as the first section of the future Wuhan–Jiujiang Passenger Railway; the estimated completion date for that project is 2017.
- The Wuhan–Xiaogan Intercity Railway will serve the city's northern suburbs, the Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, and the city of Xiaogan. This line is also under construction. It is expected to open in 2015.
- 武汉城市圈首条城际铁路客运专线武咸铁路开通, 2013-12-28
- See the detailed system map at http://bbs.cnhubei.com/thread-1538025-1-1.html
- 武(汉)黄(石)城际铁路或于明年元月中旬通车 ([Test] trains will start running on the Wu[han]-Huang[shi] intercity railway in mid-January of the next year), 2013-12-18
- 武汉至咸宁城际铁路本月28日将正式开通运营 (The Wuhan-Xianning Intercity Railway will officially open on the 28th of this month), 人民网, 2013-12-24
- (Chinese) 图文：武石武冈城际铁路昨日通车 楚天都市报讯 2014-06-19