|Privately held company|
|Founded||20 May 2010|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
| ₹507.4 million (2015)|
₹46.7 million (2016)
Wunderbar Films Pvt. Ltd. is an Indian film production and distribution company established by actor Dhanush and his wife Aishwarya on 20 May 2010. Based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it mainly produces and distributes Tamil films, while it has also produced and distributed Malayalam and Hindi films.
Wunderbar Films was established by actor Dhanush and his wife Aishwarya on 20 May 2010. The studio was named "Wunderbar", which means "wonderful" in German, out of sentimental value. Earlier short films made by Dhanush, although not released to the public, had the banner "Wunderbar", which they picked up from the 2009 film Inglourious Basterds.
|3||2012||Tamil||Aishwarya R. Dhanush||Dhanush, Shruti Haasan||Ram and Janani fall in love, elope and get married. A few years into their seemingly idyllic marriage, Ram begins to display symptoms of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.|||
|Ethir Neechal||2013||Tamil||R. S. Durai Senthilkumar||Sivakarthikeyan, Priya Anand, Nandita||A young man, who has grown up believing that his name is a jinx, decides to change his life by competing in the Chennai Marathon.|||
|Velaiilla Pattadhari||2014||Tamil||Velraj||Dhanush, Amala Paul, Surabhi||An unemployed graduate overcomes various obstacles before and after finding employment.|||
|Shamitabh||2015||Hindi||R. Balki||Amitabh Bachchan, Dhanush, Akshara Haasan||A mute actor acquires the voice of another man and becomes a film star, which leads to an ego clash between the pair.|||
|Kaaki Sattai||2015||Tamil||R. S. Durai Senthilkumar||Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya||An ambitious, young policeman fights to bring to light and destroy an illegal organ-harvesting gang.|||
|Kaaka Muttai||2015||Tamil||M. Manikandan||Vignesh, Ramesh, Aishwarya Rajesh||Two boys from the slums of Chennai, who dream of tasting pizza, set about earning enough money to buy some from the newly opened pizza shop in the city centre.|||
|Maari||2015||Tamil||Balaji Mohan||Dhanush, Kajal Aggarwal, Vijay Yesudas||A small-time gangster, with a love for pigeon racing, attempts to stop police corruption in his town.|||
|Naanum Rowdydhaan||2015||Tamil||Vignesh Shivan||Vijay Sethupathi, Nayantara, Parthiban||A wannabe rowdy falls in love with a deaf girl and helps avenge the death of her father.|||
|Thanga Magan||2015||Tamil||Velraj||Dhanush, Samantha, Amy Jackson||A fun-loving man strives to be an ideal son, seeks clarity and closure when his father commits suicide after being falsely accused of a crime.|||
|Visaranai||2016||Tamil||Vetrimaaran||Dinesh, Anandhi||An individual gets shut in jail for a crime he did not commit and the consequences which follow are harrowing.|||
|Amma Kanakku||2016||Tamil||Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari||Amala Paul, Revathi, Samuthirakani||A maid joins her daughter's school in order to change her perspective of life.|||
|Pa Paandi||2017||Tamil||Dhanush||Rajkiran, Prasanna, Chaya Singh||An elderly man who feels rejected by his son embarks on a soul-searching trip in search of his first love.|||
|Velaiilla Pattadhari 2||2017||Tamil||Soundarya Rajinikanth||Dhanush, Kajol, Amala Paul||A ruthless businesswoman sets out to destroy the career and prospects of a young, prize-winning civil engineer who refuses to work for her company.|||
|Tharangam||2017||Malayalam||Dominic Arun||Tovino Thomas, Balu Varghese||Released|
|Maradona||2018||Malayalam||Vishnu Narayanan||Tovino Thomas, Saranya Nair, Chemban Vinod Jose||Released|
|Kaala: Karikaalan||2018||Tamil||Pa. Ranjith||Rajinikanth, Nana Patekar, Easwari Rao, Huma Qureshi||Released|
|Vada Chennai||2018||Tamil||Vetrimaaran||Dhanush, Ameer Sultan, Samuthirakani, Aishwarya Rajesh, Andrea Jeremiah||A fisherman from North Chennai who unknowingly becomes involved in a trap set by a mafia gang.|
|Maari 2||2018||Tamil||Balaji Mohan||Dhanush, Krishna Kulasekaran, Tovino Thomas, Sai Pallavi, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar||Released|
|Ladoo||2019||Malayalam||Arungeorge K David||Vinay Forrt, Shabareesh Varma, Balu Varghese, Bobby Simha, Dileesh Pothan||Post Production|
Film soundtracks released
|2014||Velaiilla Pattadhari||Also producer|
|2015||Kaaki Sattai||Also producer|
|Naanum Rowdydhaan||Also producer|
|2016||Amma Kanakku||Also producer|
|Pa Paandi||Also producer|
|Velaiilla Pattadhari 2||Also producer|
|2018||Kaala: Karikaalan||Also producer|
|Vada Chennai||Also producer|
|Maari 2||Also producer|
- Operating income grew 68% to 50 crore in 2015
- "Wunderbar Films Private Limited Company Information". CorporateDir. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Wunderbar Studios (13 February 2015). "WunderStars Talk Show – Episode 1" – via YouTube.
- Raman, Sruthi Ganapathy. "Dhanush interview: 'I was not ready to come out of VIP Raghuvaran's world'". Scroll.in. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Rangarajan, Malathi. "3: Three's a crowd". thehindu.com.
- rangan, baradwaj. "Ethir Neechal: Run culture". thehindu.com.
- Rangan, Baradwaj. "Idle worship". thehindu.com.
- KUMAR, ANUJ. "Shamitabh: An adsorbing experience". thehindu.com.
- Rangan, Baradwaj. "Kaaki Sattai: Heavyweight film for lightweight hero". thehindu.com.
- Rangan, Baradwaj. "Kaaka Muttai: An outstanding debut". thehindu.com.
- Rangan, Baradwaj. "Maari: Some nice bits can't save a grindingly ordinary movie". thehindu.com.
- Srinivasan, Sudhir. "Naanum Rowdy Dhaan: A thoroughly entertaining black comedy". thehindu.com.
- Srinivasan, Sudhir. "Thangamagan: A good core wasted in a masala template". thehindu.com.
- Rangan, Baradwaj (6 February 2016). "Visaranai: A powerful, chilling drama about how the System toys with us". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Rangan, Baradwaj (24 June 2016). "'Amma Kanakku' review: Mum's the word". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Menon, Vishal (14 April 2017). "'Pa. Pandi' review: The power of love". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Menon, Vishal (11 August 2017). "'Velaiilla Pattadhari 2' review: a lukewarm follow-up". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 March 2018.