Location of Wunonglong Dam in China
|Location||Weixi Lisu Autonomous County, Dêqên Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan|
|Opening date||2018 (est.)|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Gravity, roller-compacted concrete|
|Impounds||Lancang (Mekong) River|
|Height||137 m (449 ft)|
|Length||247.1 m (811 ft)|
|Total capacity||272,000,000 m3 (221,000 acre·ft)|
|Catchment area||85,900 km2 (33,200 sq mi)|
|Commission date||2018-2019 (est.)|
|Turbines||3 x 330 MW Francis-type|
|Installed capacity||990 MW|
The Wunonglong Dam is a gravity dam currently under construction on the Lancang (Mekong) River in Weixi Lisu Autonomous County, Yunnan of Yunnan Province, China. The primary purpose of the dam is hydroelectric power production. Construction on the dam began in 2010 and the river was diverted around the foundation in November 2014. Its 990 MW hydroelectric power station is expected to be operational in 2018 with the entire project complete in 2019.
- Hydropower in the Mekong River Basin
- List of tallest dams in the world
- List of dams and reservoirs in China
- List of tallest dams in China
- "Own Station (乌龙水电站)" (in Chinese). Changjiang Water Resources Commission. 28 August 2011. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Lancang River Hydropower Project Success Wu Long Lane Closure" (in Chinese). Hydro China. 10 November 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.