The Wur or Wara, also known as Wur Mamund or Wara Mamund (Urdu: بڑو / وڑو مَاموند , Pashto: واړه / وړو مَاموند), is a Pashtun clan. They are a division of the Mamund clan, which is itself part of the larger Tarkani tribe. The Wur are mainly settled in Bajaur Agency in Pakistan, but originally hailed from the Laghman province of Afghanistan.
Sub-divisions of Wur or Wara Pashtuns
- "Tareekh-e-Kakazai" (a.k.a."Hidayat Afghani-Tareekh-e-Kakazai Tarkani" - (Originally Published May, 1933 in Urdu)
- "A Dictionary of the Pathan Tribes of the North West Frontier of India"published by The General Staff Army Headquarter, Calcutta, India - (Originally Published 1910) :: Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned on Page 22 (under ‘K’ -Kakazai), Page 12 (under ‘D’ -Daulat Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), Page 26 (under 'K' - Khulozai - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), Page 29 (under ‘M’ -Maghdud Khel,Mahsud Kheland Mahmud Khel - sub-divisions of Kakazai Pathans), Page 47 (under 'U' - Umar Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans) and Page 50 (under 'Y' - Yusaf Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans)
- "Frontier and Overseas Expeditions from India" Volume One published by Government Mono Type Press, Simla, India - (Originally Published 1907) :: Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned between Page 515- 555-You can read these volumes online, thanks to Internet Archives though their market value is around $11000 ::
- Family Tree of Qais Abdul Rashid :: Spelled as Kaka Zai under the offsprings ofKharashboon (Khair ud Din) ::
- Tarkanri (Tarkalani or Tarkani) Tribe of Bajaur Agency and Dir - By "FATA Awareness Initiative"
- پښتانه قبيلی وپېژنئ - ډاکټر لطيف ياد - خېبر وېب پاڼه - pp 86-89 & 261-262 & 310-312 (in Pashto)
|This article about an ethnic group in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|