Wuyanling National Nature Reserve
|Wuyanling National Nature Reserve|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
Wuyanling National Nature Reserve (Chinese: 乌岩岭; pinyin: wùyánlǐng; literally: "Black rocks ridge") is a nature reserve in Taishun County, in the southern part of Zhejiang Province. The reserve occupies a mountainous, forested area. The highest peak is Baiyun Peak, which is 1,611 metres (5,285 ft) high.
BirdLife International considers Wuyanling Reserve as an Important Bird Area (IBA). Birds of particular conservation value in the reserve include Cabot's tragopan, much studied in the reserve, and Elliot's pheasant.
The reserve's inhabitants also include the Chinese giant salamander. A specimen weighing 3.5 kg (7.7 lb), the largest one for a while, was observed in September 2012. This species, once common in the reserve, has greatly suffered from poaching.
A small part of the reserve is developed as a touristic area; the rest of the park is not accessible to the general public. The network of trails follows two streams, and since 2012, includes a paved path to the Baiyun Peak. In 2012, the scenic area was rated as a 3A touristic attraction.
- Wuyanling National Nature Reserve Official page (in Chinese)
- BirdLife International (2012). "Important Bird Areas factsheet: Wuyanling Nature Reserve". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- Zhang, Y.; Zheng, G. (2007). "A population viability analysis (PVA) for Cabot's Tragopan (Tragopan caboti) in Wuyanling, south-east China". Bird Conservation International. 17 (2): 151–161. doi:10.1017/S0959270907000652. See Table 1 and references therein.
- Yang, J. Q.; Wu, H. L.; Chen, I. S. (2008). "A new species of Rhinogobius (Teleostei: Gobiidae) from the Feiyunjiang Basin in Zhejiang Province, China". Ichthyological Research. 55 (4): 379–385. doi:10.1007/s10228-008-0076-8.
- "乌岩岭发现3.5公斤娃娃鱼 ("Giant salamander weighing 3.5 kg found in Wuyanling")". Zhejiang Province Wuyanling National Nature Reserve. 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "乌岩岭导游图 ("Wuyanling tour map")". Zhejiang Province Wuyanling National Nature Reserve. 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "乌岩岭游步道修到白云尖 ("Wuyanling tourist trail built to Baiyun Peak")". Zhejiang Province Wuyanling National Nature Reserve. 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "乌岩岭通过国家AAA级景区评定验收 ("Wuyanling assessed through the national AAA level scenic acceptance")". Zhejiang Province Wuyanling National Nature Reserve. 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "白云尖 ("Baiyun Peak")". Zhejiang Province Wuyanling National Nature Reserve. 2008. Retrieved 14 August 2013.