This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Matthew Wyatt Elrod
October 2, 1988
Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, television personality|
|Known for||Survivor: Redemption Island|
Matthew Wyatt Elrod (born October 2, 1988), better known as Wyatt Nash, is an American television personality and actor. Under his birth name, he was a contestant on the 22nd season of the American competitive reality television series Survivor. Following his appearance on Survivor: Redemption Island, he chose to adopt the name Wyatt Nash (his middle name plus Nash for his birth city, Nashville) as his stage name. Most recently, Nash has appeared as Nigel Wright on the ABC Family series, Pretty Little Liars, and the Lifetime television adaptation of V. C. Andrews's Petals on the Wind, portraying the character of Christopher.
As Matt Elrod, he was on Survivor: Redemption Island as one of the season's 16 new contestants. He began the game on the Ometepe tribe alongside seven other new contestants and Survivor veteran "Boston Rob" Mariano. Elrod was initially part of Mariano's majority alliance. However, Mariano noticed Elrod bonding with fellow alliance member Andrea Boehlke; after Elrod shook hands with members of the rival Zapatera tribe following a challenge, Mariano plotted to eliminate Elrod. On Day Six, Elrod was voted off by his alliance, sending him to Redemption Island where he had to compete in challenges in order to return to the game.
After defeating six consecutive opponents, Elrod returned to the game on Day 19, joining the newly merged Murlonio tribe with six former Ometepe members and five former Zapatera members. The minority Zapatera alliance courted Elrod and Boehlke to join them to eliminate Mariano; after Elrod told Mariano about the Zapateras' offer, Mariano and his alliance—Boehlke included—voted against Elrod, and he was sent back to Redemption Island. Elrod continued to win duels, but lost the final duel on Day 36, which Boehlke won. Elrod finished in seventh place, and was the sixth member of the jury to determine the winner. Despite being blindsided twice, Elrod voted for Mariano as the winner  Subsequently, an offer was made for Elrod to return for Survivor's 26th season, Survivor: Caramoan, but he declined.
Following his appearance on Survivor, Elrod (now known as Wyatt Nash) appeared in the Nick at Nite drama Hollywood Heights as recurring character Cameron. He appeared in short film wages and had guest appearances in the television shows 1600 Penn and Mistresses. Next, Nash was cast as Nigel Wright, the helicopter pilot and Jenna Marshall's friend, in Pretty Little Liars. Nash also guest starred in an episode each of Rake and Dr. Ken.
On February 24, 2014, it was announced that Nash was cast as Christopher in the Lifetime television adaptation of V. C. Andrews's Petals on the Wind opposite Rose McIver. In 2015, Nash starred as Ryan,who is described as a Southern born-and-bred aspiring musician who falls head-over-heels for Molly, in the Hallmark Original Movie adaptation of the bestselling Karen Kingsbury novel The Bridge. In 2016, he started in the sequel The Bridge Part 2 opposite Katie Findlay.
In 2016, Nash was cast as Kurt Fletcher, editor of the campus humor magazine and son of the college president, in the Netflix series Dear White People. In 2017, Nash starred as Spencer in the Hallmark Original Movie Like Cats and Dogs alongside Cassidy Gifford.
|2012||Hollywood Heights||Cameron||recurring role|
|2013||1600 Penn||Tad||Episode: "To The Ranch" (S 1:Ep 7)|
|2013||Mistresses||Hot Naked Guy||Episode: "Decisions, Decisions" (S 1:Ep 5)|
|2013||Pretty Little Liars||Nigel Wright||"A Is for A-l-i-v-e" (S 4:Ep 1)
"Crash and Burn, Girl" (S 4:Ep 7)
|2014||Rake||Dutch Sullivan||Episode: "50 Shades of Gay" (S 1:Ep 10)|
|2014||Petals on the Wind||Christopher Dollanganger, Jr.||TV movie (Lifetime)|
|2015||Dr. Ken||Hot Doctor||Episode: "Ken Teaches Molly a Lesson" (S 1:Ep 6)|
|2015||The Bridge||Ryan||TV movie (Hallmark)|
|2016||The Bridge Part 2||Ryan||TV movie (Hallmark)|
|2017||Dear White People||Kurt Fletcher||TV, recurring|
|2017||Like Cats and Dogs||Spencer||TV movie (Hallmark)|
- "Wyatt Nash". LavishStarsInsights. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- "'Petals on the Wind' stars talk whirlwind filmmaking -- and whether they're rooting for Christopher and Cathy". insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Wyatt Nash". Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "'Pretty Little Liars' Season 4: Wyatt Nash cast as Nigel – who is this mysterious new man in Rosewood?". 2013-05-29. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "fikklefame.com/50-shades-of-gay-recap-rake/". fikklefame.com. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "'Petals on the Wind' casts 'Pretty Little Liars' actor Wyatt Nash". zap2it.com. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Wyatt Nash". myLifetime.com. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (2015-08-01). "'Petals on the Wind' Alum to Star in Hallmark Channel's 'The Bridge' Adaptation". Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- Petski, Denise (2016-02-04). "'Karen Kingsbury's The Bridge Part 2′ Premiere Moved Up'; 'Time To Dance' In Works". Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- Petski, Denise (2016-09-07). "'Dear White People' Netflix Series Casts Nia Jervier & Wyatt Nash As Recurring". Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "Wyatt Nash as Spencer on Like Cats & Dogs | Hallmark Channel". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2017-04-10.