This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of a series on the|
|Bible book Bible portal|
'Wycliffe Bible Translators USA' (also known as Wycliffe USA) is an interdenominational organization mandated to making a translation of the Bible in every living language in the world, especially for cultures with little existing Christian influence. Wycliffe was founded in 1942 by William Cameron Townsend and is associated with the Protestant section of Christianity. There are currently separate Wycliffe organizations in over 60 countries. The organizations are named after John Wycliffe, who was responsible for the first complete English translation of the whole Bible into Middle English.
Philosophy and methods
Wycliffe bases its philosophy on Townsend's Protestantism which regards the intercultural and multilinguistic spread of Christianity as a divine command. Protestantism, including this organization, adheres to the principle of sola scriptura and regards Biblical texts as the authoritative and infallible word of God.
Wycliffe states its focus is participating with and encouraging Christian churches to minister to minority languages, so that every language community can have access to the Bible.
Wycliffe USA is based in Orlando, FL, but sends its workers out around the world to work with many different churches and other partners to help facilitate the work of Bible translation.
SIL International, originally the Summer Institute of Linguistics, began as a small summer training session for missionaries in Arkansas in 1934. It is partner organization of Wycliffe Global Alliance and Wycliffe USA.
A partner organization of SIL International, JAARS, originally the Jungle Aviation And Radio Service, based out of Waxhaw, NC, provides critical transportation and technical solutions for SIL in support of Bible translation across the globe. 
The Seed Company is a subsidiary of Wycliffe USA that provides support to people doing Bible translations for their own languages.
- Wycliffe Global Alliance website
- http://www.oxfordreference.com/pub/views/fact-of-the-day.html?date=2010-01-20 (subscription required)
- "2012 Scripture Access Statistics". Wycliffe Global Alliance. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Wycliffe International doctrinal statement
- Wycliffe statement "Why we exist", retrieved Jan 15, 2011
- Wycliffe website - 'About Us' cited text present Jan 15, 2011
- https://www.jaars.org/about/changing JAARS is Changing - accessed April 16, 2013
- Colby, Gerard with Dennett, Charlotte. (1995). "Thy Will Be Done. The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the age of Oil" Harper Collins, New York, NY.
- Vickers, William. (1984). "Review: Fishers of Men or Founders of an Empire? The Wycliffe Bible Translators in Latin America by David Stoll." American Ethnologist, 11.1, 200-201.JSTOR