School District of Clayton
School District of Clayton includes all of Clayton, portions of Richmond Heights, a portion of St. Louis City, and a portion of unincorporated St. Louis County, Missouri, US. The district is located immediately to the west of the City of St. Louis. As of 2017 the school district had 2,681 students, 278 staff, and 6 schools. There was an 11:1 student-teacher ratio.
The district ranked fourth best in the United States by Niche.com in their 2018 rankings. The District, Clayton High School, Wydown Middle School and Captain Elementary School also were ranked first in Missouri in their respective “best schools” rankings. Glenridge Elementary took the second spot in the Missouri ranking, followed closely by Meramec Elementary at number four. The District also was ranked first in the State of Missouri, and 16th in the country in the ranking of the best places to teach.
The Clayton High School in Missouri was founded in 1910
- Clayton High School — grades 9-12. Clayton High School is highly rated academically. It was ranked by Newsweek as the 230th-best public high school in the nation in 2004, which was the 2nd highest in the state of Missouri. In 2011 it was ranked as the 89th best public high school in the nation and was 1st in the state of Missouri. As of 2007, approximately 97% of all Clayton High Schoolers graduate High School, and go on to college. The school won the 2004 Missouri Class 4 state championship in football. The high school's mascot is the Greyhound, and its colors are orange and blue.
- Erin Daniels, 1991, actress
- Scott Foley, actor, Felicity
- Derrick Frost, 1999, NFL punter
- Rocco Landesman, 1965, award-winning Broadway producer
- Ryan McAdams, 2000, Fulbright Scholar and accomplished conductor
- Louise Post, 1985, lead singer of the rock band Veruca Salt
- Kathryn Sansone, 1980, Personal Trainer, author
- Andy Cohen Bravo Tv
- Jairus Byrd, NFL Safety (football position)
- Wydown Middle School supports students in grades 6-8. The school was erected in 1942. At this point, Wydown was being used as a junior high school. This school has a reputation for its intramural programs and its mathematics. It has been ranked top ten in Missouri for "excellence in mathematics for schools with over 500 students" since 1999.
- Captain Elementary School — grades K-5
- Glenridge Elementary School — grades K-5
- Meramec Elementary School — grades K-5
Early childhood education and parenting
- The Family Center — pre-K
- http://www.clayton.k12.mo.us/403610612144316677/lib/403610612144316677/_files/DistMap.pdf, retrieved on 2011-09-22.
- "2017-2018 District Profile" (PDF). School District of Clayton. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- "Clayton Schools Ranked Fourth in Nation". School District of Clayton. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- The 1,200 Top U.S. Schools - Newsweek America's Best High Schools - MSNBC.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2006-08-18.
|This Missouri school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|