Wye River (Victoria)
|Region||South East Coastal Plain (IBRA), The Otways|
|LGA||Colac Otway Shire|
|• elevation||601 m (1,972 ft)|
|Wye River (town)|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||11 km (6.8 mi)|
|River system||Corangamite catchment|
|National park||Great Otway National Park|
Location and features
The Wye River rises in the Otway Ranges in southwest Victoria and flows generally east towards the town of Wye River where the river reaches its mouth and empties into Bass Strait, north of Cape Otway. From its highest point, the river descends 601 metres (1,972 ft) over its 11-kilometre (6.8 mi) course.
- Bird, Eric (12 October 2006). "Place Names on the Coast of Victoria" (PDF) (PDF). Australian National Placename Survey (ANPS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 February 2011.
- "Wye River: 8932". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Map of Wye River, VIC". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Great Otway National Park". Parks Victoria. Government of Victoria. 2014.
- "Corangamite Catchment Management Authority". Government of Victoria. 2014.