|Wye Free School|
|Motto||To make a difference in childrens education|
|Department for Education URN||139664 Tables|
|Age||11 to 18|
The school caters for approximately 600 students aged 11–18 years of all ability.
Wye School opened in September 2013, following a successful campaign led by local parents and community members to meet the demand for more high-quality school places in the Ashford area.
Then again in 2018, as part of a short inspection, Ofsted confirmed that Wye School continues to be 'Good'. Following the visit, in a letter to the school's Principal, the Inspector wrote: "Your determination to provide the best standard of education for each pupil is clear."
In August 2018, the school's first GCSE cohort celebrated receiving their exam results.
As well as a number of individual successes, these saw 66% of students achieving five or more 9-4/A*-C grades including English and maths, under the government's new grading structure.
In 2019 the schools second year of GCSE results revealed further improvements.
On the government’s Basics measure, which represents the combined English and maths score. 78% of students achieved at least a pass (grade 4 or above) in both English and maths. Half of all students (49%) also achieved the higher level pass of grade 5 or above in both subjects.
Education with Character
- "Wye School > Home".
- "EduBase - Wye School".
- "Wye School > Staff > Staff List".
- "Wye School > Home". www.wyeschool.org.uk. Retrieved 10 November 2021.
- "Wye School > About Wye School > The Story of Wye School". www.wyeschool.org.uk. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "United Learning > About Us > Welcome". unitedlearning.org.uk. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- Ofsted Communications Team (16 February 2019). "Find an inspection report and registered childcare". reports.ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "Wye School celebrates its first ever GCSE results". United Learning. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "Second year of GCSE success for Wye School". United Learning. Retrieved 10 November 2021.
- "Wye School > Learning > Curriculum". www.wyeschool.org.uk. Retrieved 24 July 2019.