|Occupation||Supervising Sound Editor
Wylie Stateman is an American supervising sound editor. Stateman’s been nominated for multiple industry awards, including eight Academy Awards, four BAFTA Awards and 15 Motion Picture Sound Editor Awards. Stateman is the co-founder of post production sound services company Soundelux 
Stateman was introduced to the world of feature films in 1980, working as a sound editor on A Coal Miner’s Daughter. Over the next five years, his name appeared on such films as Das Boot, TRON, and Footloose.
Stateman regularly works with some of the most prominent film directors in the industry, including:
John Hughes — Dennis the Menace, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Curly Sue, Dutch, Only the Lonely, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, Uncle Buck, She’s Having a Baby, Planes, Trans & Automobiles and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
Stateman is credited as executive producer on the 2000 release ‘’True Rights’’ and the 1999 film The Dogwalker.
Awards and nominations
Wylie Stateman has been nominated for 8 Academy Awards, 4 BAFTA Awards (1 win), 15 Motion Picture Sound Editors Awards (3 wins), an Emmy Award and a Satellite Award.
In addition to his film work, Stateman has been an active entrepreneur with a handful of sound related businesses. Along with partner Lon Bender, Stateman has hand in starting Liberty Livewire Audio, Signet Soundelux Studios, Vine Street Studios, Soundelux Media Labs, Modern Music and a leading sound effects library known as The Hollywood Edge.
A 2005 article in Mix magazine reported that Stateman was serving as the executive vice president of the Creative Sound Services group and as a supervising sound editor at Ascent Media Group.
Stateman, Bender and Hugh Waddell created VocalStream — a company posed to produce and distribute audio content read by professional voice talents and sent out via client-branded players, in 2007.
In 2008, Stateman and Bender launched Store-Stream, an Internet company created for end users where they can store their media libraries, create unique media players and send them out to friends or clients.
-  New York Times, 31 July 1998
- Stateman mixes wide mix, David John Farinella, Variety Magazine, 12 January 2010
-  IMDB
- "The 62nd Academy Awards (1990) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- MPSE Announces Winners of 2010 Golden Reel Awards, Staff Report, Mix Magazine, 22 February 2010
-  The Hollywood Edge: the EFX-Music Package, Staff Report, Mix magazine, 1 December 2002
-  Ascent Media Group Announces Staff Changes, Mix Editors, Mix Magazine, 6 December 2005
- Wylie Stateman at the Internet Movie Database
- Soundelux webpage
- CSS Studios Webpage
- Variety magazine Stateman mixes wide mix
- VocalStream Webpage
- Store-Stream Webpage
Additional Articles & Interviews
- Variety magazine Sound editing vs. sound mixing
- Variety magazine Using surround sound proves tricky
- Variety magazine Sound effects anchor big films
- Variety magazine Stylized sound enhances action
- Variety magazine story about Liberty Livewire
- Mix magazine Rob Marshall's Nine
- Below the Line website Contender - Sound Editing, Wylie Stateman, 'Wanted,' 8 February 2009
- Millimeter magazine Sonic Stone by Blair Jackson 1 December 2004
- Editors Guild magazine Basterd Sounds by Debra Kaufman