February 7, 1952|
|Died||November 16, 2010
|Occupation||DJ, talent manager|
Wyngard Tracy (February 7, 1952 – November 16, 2010) was a Filipino talent manager who had represented various actors and music artists, such as Side A in the Philippines through his office, Artiststation, Inc. From June 2008, he was one of three judges in Pinoy Idol on GMA Network. He was also the judge of top-rating ABS-CBN shows, Showtime and Magpasikat, but was later evicted.
Tracy's career began as a television production assistant in the 1970s before becoming a radio disc jockey on DWWK, which was the Philippines' first pop FM station. After a brief DJing stint, he was referred to Vicor Entertainment Corporation and was tapped to manage its roster of recording artists, including Pinky de Leon, Maricris Vermont, and Leah Navarro.
As a businessman, Tracy, together with friends Mark de Leon and Ricky Trinidad, founded "The Music Hall" in Annapolis St. in Greenhills. As a talent manager, he also became one of the judges for Search for the Star in a Million on ABS-CBN in 2005. Tracy even became one of the contestants in the Philippine version of Celebrity Duets on GMA Network, where he was ranked fifth.
Tracy was rushed to the Makati Medical Center on October 20, 2010. Reports said he suffered his third stroke. The following day, on October 21, Tracy underwent operation to remove the blood clot in his brain. Earlier in July, Tracy underwent a heart surgery after he was rushed to the hospital due to a heart attack.
At around 3:45am on November 16, 2010, Tracy died due to stroke.
- Panaligan, Jojo P. (2010-11-16). Talent manager Wyngard Tracy passes away Archived November 22, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. The Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- Cruz, Edgar (February 21, 2006). "Wyngard Tracy retires". The Daily Tribune. Retrieved 2008-01-23.[dead link]
- (2008-01-17). Idol talk. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2008-01-23. Archived February 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Panaligan, Jojo (February 20, 2005). "The man they call Wyngard Tracy". The Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on December 28, 2006. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn (October 6, 2007). "Wyngard Tracy eliminated from Celebrity Duets". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- Showbiz News. (2010-11-18). "Wyngard Tracy: PNT Idol head judge passes away in Manila" Archived July 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Philippine Asian News Today. Retrieved 2011.03-17
- "Veteran talent manager Wyngard Tracy dies". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2011-07-28.