Wynnum West, Queensland
|Population||12,292 (2016 census)|
|• Density||2,267.9/km2 (5,874/sq mi)|
|Area||5.42 km2 (2.1 sq mi)|
|Location||16 km (10 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane (Wynnum Manly Ward)|
Areas of interest are Wynnum Plaza Shopping Centre, Bayside BMX Club, Bayside Heritage Train Park, Durrington Park, Edward Kelk Park, Iona College and a number of other schools.
The Wynnum Plaza, the major shopping centre within the bayside area, is in Wynnum West. It contains Woolworths, Coles, Kmart, Fitness First, Dan Murphy's and 59 specialty stores.
The area was first settled by Europeans in the 1860s, with land use focusing on agriculture and viticulture. It remained sparsely populated until the 1880s and 1890s, and it was not until the post-war years that significant development occurred. The population has continued to increase since the 1990s as a result of more dwellings being constructed, and the suburb is now largely residential with a small commercial area on Wynnum Road.
- Estimated 
In the 2011 census, the population of Wynnum West was 11,745, 51.4% female and 48.6% male.
The median age of the Wynnum West population was 38 years, one year above the Australian median.
72% of people living in Wynnum West were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 7.4%, England 4.5%, Philippines 1.6%, South Africa 1.1%, Scotland 0.7%.
86.9% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.7% Mandarin, 0.6% Tagalog, 0.6% Filipino, 0.6% Spanish, 0.5% Hindi.
Wynnum West has one primary school, Wynnum West State School, which currently has around 491 students (2010). This school opened in 1922 with 57 students who came mostly from rural families. Location 2036 Wynnum Road, Wynnum West. Qld.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Wynnum West, Qld (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. "Wynnum West". Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Wynnum Manly Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Queensland places
- Wynnum West State School official site
- Wynnum West State School's annual report 2010 official site
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland schools (B)". education.qld.gov.au. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland schools (U-W)". education.qld.gov.au. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
Media related to Wynnum West, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons