Wyoming Valley Mall
|Location||Wilkes-Barre Township, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Address||29 Wyoming Valley Mall Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702|
|No. of stores and services||90+|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||912,027 square feet (85,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (2 in Bon-Ton and J.C. Penney)|
|Public transit access||LCTA bus: 10, 17, 18|
Wyoming Valley Mall is a 912,027 sq ft (84,730.1 m2) shopping mall located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. It is owned and operated by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust. It opened in 1971, shortly before the Hurricane Agnes disaster.
The mall currently consists of over 90 stores, including anchors The Bon-Ton, JC Penney, Sears, and two Macy's locations. The main Macy's location opened as local retailer Zollinger-Harned, which converted to Hess's and then to Kaufmann's. The Macy's Men's & Home store opened as McCrory, before conversion to Kaufmann's Home Store.
The mall underwent a major renovation which was completed in late 2006. It has multiple chain restaurants along its beltway (Wyoming Valley Mall Road) and inside, including the food court between Bon-Ton and Sears.
- Bon-Ton (155,912 sq ft.) (Former Pomeroy's store)
- J.C. Penney (151,792 sq ft.)
- Macy's (146,561 sq ft.: Men's & Home 50,354 sq ft (4,678.0 m2) [former McCrory, and Kaufmann's Home Store] & Women's & Children's 96,207 sq ft. [Former Zollinger-Harned, Hess's, and Kaufmann's])
- Sears (117,477 sq ft.)
- "Mall Wonder" Times-Leader, June 9, 2002
- "Macy's Opening After Labor Day, Kaufmann's Will Be Replaced at Wyoming Valley Mall" Times-Leader, May 19, 2006
- "Mall Makeover, New Floors, Skylights, and Better Lighting Are Among Upgrades" Times-Leader, June 6, 2006
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|