Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Population||1,834 (2016 census)|
|• Density||39.87/km2 (103.26/sq mi)|
|Area||46.0 km2 (17.8 sq mi)|
The town takes its name from the railway station, but the origins of that name are unclear but it is not believed to be an Aboriginal name.
- Wyreema, a steamship named after the town
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Wyreema (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Wyreema - town in Toowoomba Region (entry 38315)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "Wyreema - locality in Toowoomba Region (entry 48101)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- The Toowoomba Suburban Rail Motor Service Knowles, J.W. Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin, July, 1992 pp170-171
- "Mobile library". Toowoomba Regional Council. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Wyreema State School". Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Queensland schools opening dates". Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Wyreema". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.
- Town map of Wyreema, 1980
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|