This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Founded||Chicago, Illinois (2005 )|
|Area served||United States|
|Founder(s)||Andrew Geant and Mike Weishuhn|
|Employees||80 full time employees (2014)|
|Alexa rank||9,651 (July 2017[update])|
In 2014, Wyzant had 80 employees and listed about 76,000 active tutors in its database. It claims to have about 2 million registered users, from kindergarteners to PhD candidates. In 2013, Wyzant claimed that its highest-paid tutor earned $120,000. In 2014, the company claims to have booked $100 million in tutoring sessions and claims to have logged almost 2.5 million hours of instruction.
Wyzant claims to teach more than 300 subjects online and in person to its users.
- "Wyzant". Alexa Internet. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Loizos, Connie. "Clark, an app that claims to aim to "turn every educator into an entrepreneur," launches with a reported $1 million in funding". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-10-09.
- Rogers, Bruce (2014-09-17). "Creating an Online Marketplace for Tutors and Students". Forbes. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Accel Partners Put $21.5M into WyzAnt Tutoring Service". Edsurge.
- Tilin, Andrew (September 13, 2014). "Meet the eHarmony of Tutoring". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- Eisenberg, Richard. "Why People Over 50 Tutor And You Might Want To". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-09-26.
- "Top-Rated Workplaces: Best in Chicago". Indeed.