X-Change (visual novel)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre(s)||Eroge, Visual Novel|
The main character is Takuya Aihara, a junior college student. One day, while cleaning some shelves in the chemistry room, he spills a chemical on himself and is transformed into a girl. The game has seven different endings; in some Takuya remains a woman, in others he returns to being a man.
Like most visual novels, the majority of the game is spent reading the text onscreen which represents narration and dialogue. As the game unfolds, the player makes various decisions at certain points in the game. These choices lead to different interactions with the multiple characters throughout the game.
- Takuya Aihara (相原拓也/たくや?): The main character. He turns into a female by spilling a mysterious chemical on himself.
- Asuka Katakiri (片桐明日香? Katakiri Asuka): A close friend of Takuya. Takuya has secretly been in love with her since childhood.
- Asami Satō (佐藤麻美? Satō Asami): The president of the science club, of which she and Takuya are the only members. Though very smart, she is also somewhat unscrupulous in experimenting on Takuya.
- Professor Miyagi: The art teacher at Takuya's school. He is extremely kind and he gets along well with the students. Miyagi doesn't treat Takuya any differently after Takuya becomes a female.
- Keiko Matsunaga (松永啓子? Matsunaga Keiko): The school nurse. Most of the male students are smitten with her, and there have been rumors about her private practices in the nurse's office.
- Mr. Terada: The gym teacher, who was hard on the weak Takuya and is even harder in a different way when Takuya becomes a girl.
- Natsumi Aihara (相原夏美? Aihara Natsumi): Takuya's older stepsister. She is controlling and always demands for things to go her way. She often abuses Takuya, the degree of which increases in the third game.
- Seiji (清次?): Natsumi's boyfriend, who shows an interest in the female Takuya.
- Kōji Kudō (工藤弘二? Kudō Kōji): Being very shy, he doesn't have many friends. Strangely, he has fallen for the new Takuya who takes his virginity.
Staff and development
The game's main artist and character designer is Yasuma Akazaki. The script for the original game is by Yū Yakumo. A remake of the game, X-Change R was later produced with additional writing by Soara Kisai.