X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse
|X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse|
|Developer(s)||Digital Eclipse Software|
|Genre(s)||Beat 'em up|
Returning from their journey in the Mojoverse, the X-Men return to the destroyed remains of their home, the X-Mansion. They soon discover that they are in an alternate universe under the control of the evil mutant, Apocalypse. The X-Men must battle their way through Apocalypse's army of Sentinels and Mutants in order to return to their universe.
The playable X-Men roster consists of: Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, and Rogue. Each character has a different super power that give them a unique playstyle. Boss enemies include classic villains from the comics such as Blob and Magneto. X-Men from the 616 Marvel Universe, such as Colossus and Nightcrawler are also allies of Apocalypse in this alternate universe and must be defeated.
X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse is a side-scrolling action beat 'em up with 12 distinct levels. Each level has waves of enemies plus a mutant boss who all must be defeated to progress to the next stage. Players must defeat enemies to earn points which can be spent at the end of each stage to improve the character's strength, vitality, or mutant power. Each playable character share the same basic attacks but each have a unique special ability: Wolverine has claws that excelling in close-range combat, Rogue has a charge ability, Storm controls tornado projectiles, and Cyclops has long-range optic blasts.
Up to two players can play in a cooperative campaign mode or a competitive mode to pit two of the playable characters against each other in battle.
X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse received mixed reviews upon release. Aggregate review websites Metacritic and GameRankings scored the game 61 out of 100 and 59.34%, respectively. GameSpot recommended the portable game to X-Men and beat 'em up game fanatics, but were disappointed by the simplistic gameplay. Nintendojo concluded that it was "a fun game that ends much too quickly."
- "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse Critic Reviews for Game Boy Advance". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Miller, Skyler. "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-18. Retrieved 2014-11-18.
- EGM Staff (November 2001). "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse". Electronic Gaming Monthly (149): 222.
- "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse". Game Informer (102). October 2001.
- Iron Monkey (2001-09-26). "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse Review for Game Boy Advance on GamePro.com". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2005-04-09. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Provo, Frank (2001-10-11). "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- The Badger (2001-10-15). "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse Review - Game Boy Advance". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Harris, Craig (2001-10-04). "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse". IGN. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse". Nintendo Power. 150: 148. November 2001.
- Metts, Jonathan (2001-10-13). "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse". Nintendojo. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
|This beat 'em up video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|