This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Subsidiaries||X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)|
X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
XR Ventures LLC
X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
X-Rite MA, Incorporated
X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
X-Rite Global, Inc.
X-Rite, Inc. is a manufacturer of color measurement and management products, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States.
The company also creates products that regulate quality in the processing of film and x-rays.
The firm was incorporated in 1958 by seven engineers from Lear Siegler. Its first product, x-ray marking tape, was introduced in 1968 and is the basis of the company name. In 1975, it introduced its first densitometer for photographic printing use.
The firm went public in 1986, and in 1987 moved into a new headquarters and production facility in Grandville, Michigan.
By 1990, the firm shifted emphasis to the field of color measurement. In 1966 it purchased H. Miller Graphic Arts of England; in 2006 it purchased Amazys, owners of Gretag–Macbeth and thereby the Munsell products; in 2007 it acquired Pantone, Inc.
- Munsell Color
- Pantone, Inc.
- X-Rite AG
- X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
- X-Rite Global, Inc.
- X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
- X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
- X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
- X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
- X-Rite MA, Incorporated
- X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
- XR Ventures LLC
- "X-Rite Announces Preliminary Final Results Of Its Offer For All Registered Shares Of Amazys Holding AG" press release.
- "X-Rite to Acquire Pantone, Inc. Extending Reach in the Color Industry" October 2007 press release.
- "Danaher Corporation Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of X-Rite, Incorporated". Reuters. May 15, 2012. Archived from the original on May 18, 2012.