This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.|
|Subsidiaries||X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)|
X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
XR Ventures LLC
X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
X-Rite MA, Incorporated
X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
X-Rite Global, Inc.
The company also creates products that regulate quality in the processing of film and x-rays.
The firm was incorporated in 1958 by seven engineers from Lear Siegler. Its first product, x-ray marking tape, was introduced in 1968. In 1975, it introduced its first densitometer for photographic printing use.
The firm went public in 1986, and in 1987 moved into a new headquarters and production facility in Grandville, Michigan.
By 1990, the firm shifted emphasis to the field of color measurement. In 1966 it purchased H. Miller Graphic Arts of England; in 2006 it purchased Amazys, owners of Gretag–Macbeth and thereby the Munsell products; in 2007 it acquired Pantone, Inc.
- X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
- X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
- XR Ventures LLC
- X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
- X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
- X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
- X-Rite MA, Incorporated
- X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
- X-Rite Global, Inc.
- X-Rite AG
- Pantone, Inc.
- Munsell Color
- “X-Rite Announces Preliminary Final Results Of Its Offer For All Registered Shares Of Amazys Holding AG” press release.
- “X-Rite to Acquire Pantone, Inc. Extending Reach in the Color Industry” October press release.
- "Danaher Corporation Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of X-Rite, Incorporated May 12 press release.
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|