From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Headquarters||Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.|
|Subsidiaries||X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
XR Ventures LLC
X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
X-Rite MA, Incorporated
X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
X-Rite Global, Inc.
- Print & Packaging
- Graphic Design
- Paint & Coatings
- Pharmaceutical / Nutritional Supplements
- Video and Displays
The company also creates products that regulate quality in the processing of film and x-rays.
- 1958 X-Rite was incorporated by seven engineers from Lear Siegler
- 1968 The company's first product, x-ray marking tape, was introduced
- 1968 X-Rite debuted silver recovery equipment for radiographic film.
- 1975 X-Rite introduced its first densitometer for photographic printing use.
- 1986 X-Rite went public in 1986
- 1987 X-Rite moved into a new headquarters and production facility in Grandville, Michigan.
- 1990 X-Rite began to shift its emphasis to the field of color measurement.
- 1996 A round of acquisitions started, with the purchase of H. Miller Graphic Arts of England.
- 2001 Co-founder Ted Thompson retired.
- 2001 Dental color matching systems were unveiled.
- 2006 X-Rite purchased Amazys, owners of Gretag–Macbeth and thereby the Munsell products.
- 2007 X-Rite completed acquisition of Pantone, Inc. in October
- 2012 Danaher Corporation completed its acquisition of X-Rite On May 12
- 2013 X-Rite enters a partnership with Color Confidence to create X-Rite Photo Europe On July 3
- X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
- X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
- XR Ventures LLC
- X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
- X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
- X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
- X-Rite MA, Incorporated
- X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
- X-Rite Global, Inc.
- X-Rite AG
- Pantone, Inc.
- Encyclopedia of Company Histories, International Directory of Company Histories, by The Gale Group, Inc.
- “X-Rite Announces Preliminary Final Results Of Its Offer For All Registered Shares Of Amazys Holding AG” press release.
- “X-Rite to Acquire Pantone, Inc. Extending Reach in the Color Industry” press release.
- "Danaher Corporation Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of X-Rite, Incorporated press release.
- "X-Rite announces a long-term partnership with Color Confidence to create X-Rite Photo Europe press release.
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|