X1 (Korean: 엑스원, romanized: Ekseuwon, pronounced as X-One) is a South Korean boy band formed by CJ E&M through the Mnet reality competition show Produce X 101. The group is composed of eleven members: Kim Yo-han, Kim Woo-seok, Han Seung-woo, Song Hyeong-jun, Cho Seung-youn, Son Dong-pyo, Lee Han-gyul, Nam Do-hyon, Cha Jun-ho, Kang Min-hee and Lee Eun-sang. The group debuted on August 27, 2019 under Swing Entertainment and is co-managed by Stone Music Entertainment.
Their contract will end 5 years after debut, with a 2.5-year exclusive contract and another 2.5-year non-exclusive contract, meaning that the individual members can return to co-promote with their original agencies after the first half of their contract is over.
The group's name, X1, was suggested by netizens through the official Produce X 101 website and chosen by CJ E&M, with the name taken from the show's title song "X1-MA". X1 means "11" in Roman numbers, and also represents 10+1.
Pre-debut: Produce X 101
X1 was formed through the survival competition series Produce X 101, which aired on Mnet from May 3, 2019, until July 19, 2019. Out of an initial 101 trainees participating, the final 10 were chosen out of the remaining 20 trainees by audience votes in the final week of the show. The final member, known as the rank X member, is selected from the remaining trainees with the highest combined votes across all episodes of the show. All members are announced via a live television broadcast on July 19, 2019.
Prior to the program, many of the members have already been active in the music industry. Cho Seung-youn debuted as a member of Uniq in 2014. He also debuted as a solo artist and music producer under the stage name Luizy in 2016, before changing it to WOODZ in 2018. He is known for producing the Idol Producer debut evaluation song "It's Ok". Kim Woo-seok debuted in UP10TION under the name Wooshin in September 2015, He Also The Host Of SBS MTV`s The Show Alongside Produce 101 Season 1 Contestant & Former I.O.I Member Jeon Somi. Han Seung-woo debuted as a member and the leader of Victon in November 2016. Lee Han-gyul previously debuted as a member of Yama and Hotchicks Entertainment's ballad group IM and competed with his fellow IM members in KBS2's The Unit where he ended up in 13th place. Fellow MBK trainee Nam Do-hyon was a contestant in MBC's Under Nineteen as a member of the Rap Team and was ended up in 42nd place on the show.
After the program, the Top 11 contestants signed a recording contract with Stone Music's Swing Entertainment, the label which housed the second season Produce 101 Season 2 winner Wanna One. Ahead of debut, the group's reality show X1 Flash premiered on August 22, 2019 through Mnet. The reality show follows the members as they prepare for their debut, and gives a glimpse into their real lives. The group debuted on August 27, 2019 with a debut showcase at Gocheok Sky Dome. On August 1, it was announced that the debuting album is Emergency: Quantum Leap with title song "Flash", composed by Score, Megatone and Onestar (Monotree). On September 3, X1 won their first-ever music show win through SBS MTV's The Show five day after debut.
- Han Seung-woo (한승우) – leader
- Cho Seung-youn (조승연)
- Kim Woo-seok (김우석)
- Kim Yo-han (김요한)
- Lee Han-gyul (이한결)
- Cha Jun-ho (차준호)
- Son Dong-pyo (손동표)
- Kang Min-hee (강민희)
- Lee Eun-sang (이은상)
- Song Hyeong-jun (송형준)
- Nam Do-hyon (남도현)
Prior to debut, X1 made their Billboard chart debut on the charts Social 50 and Emerging Artists at No. 6 and No. 11, making them the first Korean artists to land a spot on the Social 50 prior to debut.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Emergency: Quantum Leap||1||4||10||76||9|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales
|"Flash"||2019||26||—||25||15||N/A||Emergency: Quantum Leap|
Other charted songs
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Like Always" (웃을 때 제일 예뻐)||2019||69||Emergency: Quantum Leap|
|"U Got It" (X1 version)||84|
|"I'm Here for You" (괜찮아요)||91|
|"Move" (움직여) (X1 version)||90|
|"Stand Up" (intro)||106|
|2019||Mnet||Produce X 101|||
|tvN||Prison Life of Fools|||
- Sales figures for tracks are based on digital downloads, except noted.
- Hwang, Mi-hyun (June 28, 2019). "[단독] '프듀X' 데뷔조, 스윙엔터 매니지먼트 가닥…워너원 이어 두번째". News1 Korea (in Korean). Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Kelley, Caitlin (February 28, 2019). "Here's What Mnet's Five-Year Contracts For 'Produce X101' Means For K-pop". Forbes. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- "'프로듀스X101' 이동욱 "모두 계속 꿈 꿔 달라" 최종 멤버 누가 될까". Hankyung (in Korean). July 19, 2019. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- Solano, Steffi (March 27, 2019). "K-R&B Artist WOODZ Opens Up About Mental Health and Developing His Identity As a Soloist". Status Magazine. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Idol Producer. Episode 12 (in Chinese). April 4, 2018. iQiyi.
- Oh, Seong-rok (November 9, 2016). "빅톤, 새로운 세상을 향한 목소리 들려드릴게요!". MTN (in Korean). Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- "SAD STORY". www.melon.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "예비돌57". www.imbc.com. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- (in Korean) X1 리얼리티, 22일 첫 방송…티저 공개 '청량+몽환'
- Kim, Min-ji (July 22, 2019). "'프듀X' 엑스원, 8월 27일 고척돔서 데뷔 쇼콘 개최". TV Report (in Korean). Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- (in Korean) 엑스원, 트랙리스트 공개… 데뷔 타이틀곡은 '플래시'
- "'더쇼' 엑스원, 데뷔후 첫 음방 1위…"팬 분들께 감사" [종합]". Xportsnews. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Cho, Hye-jin (July 21, 2019). "빅톤, 한승우 '프듀X' 엑스원 데뷔 축하 "리더의 빈자리 잘 채우겠다"". TV Daily (in Korean). Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- Hwang, Hyejin (August 15, 2019). "엑스원, 데뷔 전부터 美빌보드 소셜50+이머징 차트 입성". Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- Rutherford, Kevin (August 16, 2019). "X1 Debuts at No. 6 on Social 50 Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Emergency: Quantum Leap – Week 35, 2019". Gaon Chart (in Korean). Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- 週間 CDアルバムランキング 2019年09月09日付 [Weekly CD Album Ranking on September 9, 2019]. Oricon News (in Japanese). Retrieved September 4, 2019.
- Billboard Japan Hot Albums:
- "Emergency: Quantum Leap (2019)". Billboard Japan (in Japanese). September 5, 2019.
- "Top Albums Téléchargés - Week 35" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. August 30, 2019. Retrieved 2019-09-05.
- Billboard World Albums:
- "Emergency: Quantum Leap (2019)". Billboard. September 5, 2019.
- "2019년 08월 Album Chart" [2019 Monthly Album Chart – August]. Gaon Chart. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- Billboard Japan Hot 100:
- "Flash". Billboard Japan (in Japanese). Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- "Flash". Billboard. September 10, 2019.
- "PRODUCE X 101". produce-x-101.mnet.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "X1 리얼리티, 22일 첫 방송…티저 공개 '청량+몽환'". entertain.naver.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- "Prison Life of Fools 호구들의 감빵생활". program.tving.com/tvn/tvnmafia/ (in Korean). Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- Stone Music Entertainment (2019-08-27), X1 (엑스원) 'FLASH' MV, retrieved 2019-08-27