€2,733 (Top 2 M, 2004)
Design and development
The Top was designed as a performance cross country glider. The design progressed through several generations of models, each improving on the last. The models are each named for their relative size.
- Top 2 M
- Mid-sized model for medium-weight pilots. Its 12.5 m (41.0 ft) span wing has a wing area of 28 m2 (300 sq ft), 56 cells and the aspect ratio is 5.9:1. The pilot weight range is 80 to 104 kg (176 to 229 lb). The glider model is Deutscher Hängegleiterverband e.V. (DHV) 2-3 certified.
- Top 2 L
- Large-sized model for heavier pilots. Its 13.5 m (44.3 ft) span wing has a wing area of 30.4 m2 (327 sq ft), 58 cells and the aspect ratio is 6:1. The pilot weight range is 90 to 117 kg (198 to 258 lb). The glider model is DHV 2-3 certified.
Specifications (Top 2 M)
Data from Bertrand
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 12.5 m (41 ft 0 in)
- Wing area: 28 m2 (300 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 5.9:1
- Maximum speed: 60 km/h (37 mph; 32 kn)
- Rate of sink: 1.0 m/s (200 ft/min)