XLRI - Xavier School of Management
|Motto||For The Greater Good|
|Type||Private business school|
|Chairman||T. V. Narendran|
|Dean||Ashis Kumar Pani|
|81 + 27 visiting|
|Campus||Urban, 40 acres|
|Affiliations||Jesuit, (Roman Catholic); AACSB, AMBA|
XLRI began by offering courses for management and trade unions in 1949 before setting up a two-year, full-time program in industrial welfare in 1953. In 1955 it took on the name Xavier Labor Relations Institute, and is India's oldest business management school. It is now known by the name "Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur".
XLRI Jamshedpur offers the following programs:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in General Management (PGDM GM)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Executive Fellow Programme in Management (Exec-FPM)
- Executive Development in Human Resource Management (EDHRM)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management (PGCBM)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM)
- Management Development Programmes
- In-Company Training Programmes
- Virtual Customized In-Company Programmes
- Consultancy Services
- Executive Services
- Research & Innovation Cell
- Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management (PGP- CEM )
- Agri-Business Management Programme
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2016)||4|
|Outlook India (2016)||3|
XLRI was ranked tenth among management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018, fourth by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2016", third in India by Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2016. and 84th across the world by CEOWORLD magazine. 
XLRI Alumni Network is the school's alumni club. Notable XLRI alumni include:
- B Muthuraman, vice-chairman, Tata Steel
- Krishnakumar Natarajan, Chairman, Mindtree
- Leena Nair, Global Senior Vice-President (Leadership & Organisation Development), Unilever 
- Rakesh Kapoor, CEO, Reckitt Benckiser plc
- Sandeep Bakhshi, CEO and MD, ICICI Bank
- Vineet Nayar, CEO, HCL Technologies
- Naveen Jain, Founder of income and Moon Express
- K. Pandiarajan, Minister for Tamil language, Tamil Culture and Archeology, Government of Tamil Nadu, MLA Avadi, Tamil Nadu, Co-Founder Ma Foi Management Consultants 
- Shantanu Gupta, Author and Political Analyst
- Akash Khurana, Actor 
- Mohan Raman, Television and film actor, management trainer 
- "Hindu Business Line. Accessed 1 October 2016" (PDF). thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Harvard to XLRI: Four oldest B-schools in the world". timesofindia-economictimes.
- "XLRI Admission". MBA Aglasem.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
- "India's best B-schools 2016: Full List". Business Today. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Fits And Start-Ups: The A+ Schools". Outlook India. 3 October 2016.
- Cite error: The named reference
Rankings_NIRF_B_2018was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Best Business Schools In The World For 2019". CEOWORLD magazine. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "At XLRI, diversity is in terms of 'thinking': Fr E. Abraham, Director". www.bloncampus.com. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "Steel beneath softness". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Woman power in corporate jungle - XLRI alumnus Enters power list of a business magazine". The Telegraph. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Executive Profile: Rakesh Kapoor". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "ICICI Bank's New CEO and MD Sandeep Bakhshi Started Career At Bank In 1986". ndtv.com. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "'Ma Foi' Pandiarajan is new School Edu Minister, Shanmuganathan out". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Ximerijaan". Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Mohan V. Raman".