3.52.20 / September 20, 2003
|Written in||C, Lisp|
|Operating system||UNIX/X11, Win16, Win32, MS-DOS, Classic MacOS, AmigaOS|
|License||BSD-like open source license|
XLispStat is a statistical scientific package based on the XLISP language.
As from xlispstat startup:
XLISP-PLUS version 3.04 Portions Copyright (c) 1988, by David Betz. Modified by Thomas Almy and others. XLISP-STAT Release 3.52.20 (Beta). Copyright (c) 1989-1999, by Luke Tierney.
It includes a variety of statistical functions and methods, including routines for nonlinear curve fit. Many add-on packages have been developed to extend XLispStat, including contingency tables and regression analysis
XLispStat was historically influential in the field of statistical visualization.
Its author, Luke Tierney, wrote a 1990 book on it.
XLispStat dates to the late 1980s/early 1990s and probably saw its greatest popularity in the early-to-mid 1990s with greatly declining usage since. In the 1990s it was in very widespread use in statistical education, but has since been mostly replaced by R. There is a paper explaining why UCLA's Department of Statistics abandoned it in 1998, and their reasons for doing so likely hold true for many other of its former users.
- Badsberg, J. H. (1992). "Model Search in Contingency Tables by CoCo". Computational Statistics: Volume 1: Proceedings of the 10th Symposium on Computational Statistics. pp. 251–256. doi:10.1007/978-3-662-26811-7_33.
- R. Dennis Cook; Sanford Weisberg (25 September 2009) . An Introduction to Regression Graphics. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-31770-9.
- G. Jogesh Babu; Eric D. Feigelson (6 December 2012). Statistical Challenges in Modern Astronomy II. Springer Science & Business Media. p. 193. ISBN 978-1-4612-1968-2.
- Michael Worboys (21 April 1994). Innovations In GIS. CRC Press. p. 186. ISBN 978-0-7484-0141-3.
- J. Harrington; S. Cassidy (6 December 2012). Techniques in Speech Acoustics. Springer Science & Business Media. p. x. ISBN 978-94-011-4657-9.
- John E. Floyd (4 December 2009). Interest Rates, Exchange Rates and World Monetary Policy. Springer Science & Business Media. p. 5. ISBN 978-3-642-10280-6.
- Mitchell H. Gail (2 November 2000). Encyclopedia of Epidemiologic Methods. John Wiley & Sons. p. 855. ISBN 978-0-471-86641-1.
- Forrest W. Young; Pedro M. Valero-Mora; Michael Friendly (15 September 2011). Visual Statistics: Seeing Data with Dynamic Interactive Graphics. John Wiley & Sons. p. 25. ISBN 978-1-118-16541-6.
XLisp-Stat... has had considerable impact on the development of statistical visualization systems.
- Luke Tierney (25 September 2009) . LISP-STAT: An Object-Oriented Environment for Statistical Computing and Dynamic Graphics. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-31756-3.
- de Leeuw, Jan (February 2005). "On Abandoning XLISP-STAT" (PDF). Journal of Statistical Software. 13 (7). ISSN 1548-7660. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
- File "COPYING" in archive at ftp://ftp.stat.umn.edu/pub/xlispstat/current/xlispstat-3-52-20.tar.gz