This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publicly traded company|
|Traded as||MYX: 0165|
|Headquarters||Lot 8.1, 8th Floor, Menara Lien Hoe, No. 8, Persiaran Tropicana, Tropicana Golf & Country Resort, 47410 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Abdul Azim Mohd Zabidi, Group Chairman|
Eddie Chai Woon Chet, Group Managing Director
Ng Kok Heng, Group CEO
XOX Berhad (MYX: 0165; d.b.a. XOX MOBILE) is a mobile virtual network operator that provides mobile phone services in Malaysia via Celcom’s 4G+, 4G, 3G and 2G network infrastructure. Founded in 2005 and riding on Celcom network, XOX Mobile maintains its own brand identity, customer service, management structure and staff.
XOX Bhd was listed on the Bursa Malaysia Ace Market in July 2011, making history as the first MVNO to be listed on Bursa Malaysia. In 2015, XOX MOBILE appointed Lee Chong Wei as their brand ambassador. In 2016, XOX MOBILE also appointed top-seeded badminton player, Chong Wei Feng as their brand ambassador. XOX MOBILE offers prepaid, postpaid and tech solutions to approximately 2 million subscribers in Malaysia.
XOX MOBILE launched ONEXOX BLACK in 2018 as the new flagship product. ONEXOX BLACK has six innovative features which are "No Contract", "Unlimited Calls", "Fastest Internet Speed", "No Speed Limit", "Carry Forward - #BURNPROOF" and "Sharing".
2009 – 2010: Launch
XOX launched its first prepaid SIM card in January 2009 focusing on Chinese community niche. Launched a Hybrid Plan (Prepaid + Postpaid) in late 2010.
2011 – 2013: SIM-Free Subscription Launch, Expansion and Partnership with Penang State Government
The brand launched 'XOX-Voopee' SIM-FREE subscription plan in 2012 followed by the launching of #prepaidplus in 2013 which was then discontinued in April 2016 and replaced with ONEXOX prepaid as part of product consolidation. Appointed as official Mobile Technology partner for Penang State Government Information Division in 2013.
2014 – 2015: Partnership with Badminton Association Malaysia (BAM) and Season Pass Launch
2016: Brand Ambassador Datuk Wira Lee Chong Wei, Entertainment, Collaboration with Johor Southern Tigers (JST) and Partnership with Petaling Badminton Club (PBC)
In February, XOX Mobile signed badminton superstar, Dato Lee Chong Wei as its ambassador. XOX partnered with Galaxy to bring in world class entertainment such as Hong Kong Singer - Eason Chan ‘Another Eason’s Life in Malaysia’ on 28 February 2016, South Korean Singer - Jung Ji-Hoon (known as Rain) ‘The Squall World Tour 2016’ on 21 May 2016, Hong Kong Cantopop Singer – Sammi Cheng ‘Touch Mi World Tour 2016’ on 26 & 27 May 2016 and ‘Hill雄群星汇’ on 18 June 2016. In April, XOX MOBILE announced its collaboration with Johor Southern Tigers (JST), and the brand launched a limited edition Southern Tighers Club Prepaid starter pack to keep fan's club more updated on club happenings. Subsequently, XOX MOBILE has signed on as Main Sponsor of Petaling Badminton Club (PBC) and continues its support and nurtures the development of new badminton talents.
2017-2019: Introduction of flagship product ONEXOX Black and XOX eSIM
In 2017 to 2019, XOX MOBILE has put utmost effort into research development and have successfully launched ONEXOX Black in 2018 and XOX eSIM in 2019. All new products include XOX MOBILE's key innovation feature which is #BURNPROOF - automatically carries forward unused data, minutes and SMS and no forfeiting.
In 2018, XOX MOBILE expands it's operation in Indonesia by having a joint venture agreement with Perkumpulan Nahdlatul Ulama (PBNU), EH Integrated Systems Sdn Bhd and PT Nusantara Digital Telekomunikasi . The new company known as PT Nusantara Mobile Telecommunication will focus on telecommunications and telecommunication services, mobile application services (Voopee) and e-wallet services in Indonesia.
Marketing and Activities
Allows subscriber to purchase mobile services such as Data, Voice or SMS at additional saving compared to normal retail price with sharing of data, minutes and SMS to any other users of XOX MOBILE, which will not expire as long as the account is active. Every time a subscriber activates their monthly mobile Internet, it will be directly deducted from their Season Pass available data instead of credit or airtime. This service is available for all XOX MOBILE prepaid users. Season Pass is also the recipient for the BrandLaureate President’s Award 2016 Innovation for Mobile Network Operator - XOX Mobile Season Pass.
XOX FA Cup Final 2015
2016 Olympic Reward #WiraMalaysia
In conjunction of Malaysian Olympic Medallist returning from Rio 2016 Olympics Game (Brazil), XOX MOBILE is the first private company to dedicate cash rewards to the Olympic Game Medalists and their Coaches as an appreciation for their effort and prominent performance, totalling RM315,000 for these sporting heroes.
2017 to 2019 Malaysian Cub Prix
2019 ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team
In 2019, XOX MOBILE made a partnership with ONEXOX TKKR SAG Team, a Malaysian-Spanish motorcycle racing team who are competing in 4 events in 2019 which are Malaysian Cub Prix, FIM ARRC, FIM CEV Repsol and FIM Moto2.
XOX MOBILE has won several awards including:
- The ‘BrandLaureate Master Class’s Award 2013 Emerging Telco of the Year’.
- The ‘Brand Finance Top 100 Malaysia Brands 2013-2014’ and is also one of the ‘Top 100 Brands in 2015’.
- The BrandLaureate President's Award 2016 Innovation for Mobile Network Operator – XOX MOBILE Season Pass.
- Master Class Awards: Emerging Telco Of The Year
- Best MVNO of the Year, Mobile Business Excellence Award 2018.
- Best Package of Business, Mobile Business Excellence Award 2018.
- "XOX MOBILE appointed Dato' Lee as their brand ambassador in 2015".
- "ONEXOX BLACK Monthly Mobile Plan". XOX™ Mobile. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- Fam, Christopher. "XOX offers eSIM for iPhones, iPads and Google Pixel phones - Tech News | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- Penang Buletin (12 February 2014), Penang State Government Information Division Partners with XOX Mobile 12 FEB 2014, retrieved 21 November 2016
- "XOX targets a million more users | theSundaily". www.thesundaily.my. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Share your talktime, data and SMS with others - Tech News | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "XOX Mobile Brings World-Class Entertainment To Malaysia". www.rojakpot.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Eason Chan 'Another Eason's live in Malaysia'".
- "ONEXOX announced collaboration with JDT Club".
- "ONEXOX BLACK Monthly Mobile Plan". XOX™ Mobile. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- "XOX expands its Indonesian operations". Digital News Asia. 25 June 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "THE BRANDLAUREATE PRESIDENT'S AWARD". The BrandLaureate. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "XOX Mobile as Title Sponsor of Malaysia FA Cup". Sports 247. 22 May 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "XOX Celebrates #WiraMalaysia with cash rewards totaling RM315,000". Sports 247. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "ONEXOX : Syarikat Telco yang Kini Mula Digeruni. » ONEXOX INFO". ONEXOX INFO. 17 November 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- stopandgo.es http://stopandgo.es/. Retrieved 13 June 2019. Missing or empty
- "TKKR PLAN". XOX™ Mobile. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "SMES BLUE CHIP AWARD". The BrandLaureate. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- MBEA2018. "MBEA2018". MBEA2018. Retrieved 12 June 2019.
- MBEA2018. "MBEA2018". MBEA2018. Retrieved 12 June 2019.