||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A typical project running on Windows XP.
2.0 / 2006 (software abandoned)
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Qualitative Data Analysis Qualitative Research|
XSight was a software for qualitative data analysis. Its last version was released in 2006, which was supported until January 2014. Developed by QSR International for qualitative data analysis (QDA), it is a tool for researchers or individuals who are undertaking short term qualitative research analysis on projects involving non-numerical data. Qualitative research can encompass business intelligence, marketing research or data analysis. It was superseded by NVivo 10 for Windows, which offers equivalent functionality with greater flexibility and enables researchers to work with more data types likes PDFs, surveys, images, video, audio, web and social media content.
XSight software assists researchers or other professionals working with non-numerical or unstructured data to compile, compare and make sense of their information. It provides a range of analysis frameworks for importing, classifying and arranging data; tools for testing theories and relationships between items; and the ability to visually map and report thoughts and findings.
Designed for rapid analysis, XSight can handle small or large volumes of data and search and query tools support the review and reflection process and users can look for patterns, make comparisons, and interrogate the data in seconds.
- 600 MHz Pentium II-compatible processor or faster (1.2 GHz recommended).
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended).
- 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher (1024 x 768 recommended).
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or later (Windows XP Service Pack 2 recommended).
- Approximately 300 MB of available hard-disk space.
- Internet connection recommended for software activation.
XSight is used predominantly by commercial market researchers, but also by professionals and students in a diverse range of areas, from health and law to telecommunications and tourism. It is useful for evaluating a variety of information to review results and draw conclusions. Some examples of uses include tracking customer satisfaction, testing an advertising campaign, researching new packaging or even evaluating information garnered in research such as community consultation projects.
- 2004 - XSight 1.1 is first released in April and XSight 1.2 is released in October of the same year.
- 2006 - XSight 2.0 is released 
- 2014 - Support for XSight ceased.
- "How do I move from XSight to NVivo?" QSR International Retrieved on 18-02-2017
- "What is qualitative research?" QSR International Retrieved on 27-11-2008.
- Mihaela Lica Butler, Everything PR (19 June 2012) "PR Resources: NVivo 10 Social Media Qualitative Data Analysis"
- Duncan Stuart, Research News (5 February 2008) "Rewarded with fresh insights Archived 6 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Article[dead link]"
- Lisa Pakenham, Admap Editorial (July 2005) "Can Qual Research Benefit From Data Analysis Software? Archived 3 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine."
- "QSR XSight 2" Pugh Computers Retrieved on 09-03-2011.