XXXVIII Army Corps (Wehrmacht)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from XXXVIII Corps (Germany))
|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The German XXXVIII Corps (XXXVIII Armeekorps) was a German army corps during World War II.
On 8 January 1945, the XXXVIII Corps was redesignated as the XXXVIII Tank Corps (XXXVIII Panzerkorps).
- Field Marshal (Generalfeldmarschall) Erich von Manstein - 1 February 1940 to 28 February 1941
- Infantry General (General der Infanterie) Friedrich-Wilhelm von Chappuis - 15 March 1941 to 23 April 1942
- Infantry General (General der Infanterie) Siegfried Hänicke - 23 April 1942 to 29 June 1942
- Artillery General (General der Artillerie) Kurt Herzog - 29 June 1942 to 8 January 1945
- Artillery General (General der Artillerie) Horst von Mellenthin - 8 January 1945 to March 1945 (as the XXXVIII Tank Corps)
Area of operations
- Germany - January 1940 to June 1940
- France - June 1940 to June 1941
- Eastern Front, northern sector - June 1941 to October 1944
- Courland Pocket - October 1944 to 7 May 1945