Xander Parish (born 1986), is an English ballet dancer and the first British dancer to be employed by the Mariinsky Ballet in St Petersburg, Russia.
Xander Parish born in 1986 in North Ferriby in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. He began dancing at the age of 8, at the Skelton-Hooper School of Dance in Kingston upon Hull, under the direction of principal and former Royal Ballet and Northern Ballet Theatre soloist, Vanessa Hooper. In 1998, he was accepted into the Royal Ballet School, first attending the lower school at White Lodge, Richmond Park, then continuing his training at the upper school.
He graduated into the Royal Ballet in 2005, as a member of the corps de ballet. He remained with the company for five years, before joining the Mariinsky Ballet in St Petersburg, Russia in January 2010. He made his debut with the company performing the role of the poet in the ballet Chopiniana as a Coryphee, a corp member who may dance solo or even principal roles. He was promoted to soloist in March 2014 and principal dancer in July 2017 Parish has a sister, Demelza Parish, who is also a ballet dancer, currently employed by the Royal Ballet.
- The Nutcracker - Arabian Dance, Waltz of the Flowers
- The Sleeping Beauty - Lilac Fairy Cavalier
- Swan Lake - Cadets, Mazurka
- Les Sylphides - The Poet
- Giselle - Count Albrecht - debut with Mariinsky 11 February 2013
- Romeo and Juliet - Count Paris
- DGV, Danse a Grand Vitesse - Choreographer: Christopher Wheeldon
- Seven Deadly Sins - Choreographer: William Tuckett
- Ursula Moreton Choreographic Award - 1st Prize, 2003
- Ursula Moreton Choreographic Award - 2nd Prize, 2004
- Genee International Ballet Competition - Finalist, 2003
- Genee International Ballet Competition - Silver Medal, 2004
- Young British Dancer of the Year - 2nd Prize, 2004