|Jmol 3D model||Interactive image|
|Molar mass||354.40 g·mol−1|
|Melting point||157–159 °C (315–318 °F; 430–432 K) |
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Xanthohumol is a prenylated chalconoid from hops and beer. This prenylated chalconoid is not estrogenic. It has a range of biological properties in animal studies, though only at doses significantly higher than are available in natural sources, and may have potential therapeutic utility.
- Isoxanthohumol, the corresponding prenylated flavanone
- Xanthohumol from hop (Humulus lupus), Santa Cruz Biotechnology
- "Study: Main Ingredient Found In Beer Can Help Improve Memory". CBS Seattle. September 30, 2014.
The researchers point out that they gave the mice huge quantities of xanthohumol as dietary supplements and caution people shouldn’t start drinking lots of beer to improve their memories ... A human would have to drink 2000 liters of beer a day to reach the xanthohumol levels we used in this research
- Magalhães, P. J.; Carvalho, D. O.; Cruz, J. M.; Guido, L. F.; Barros, A. A. (2009). "Fundamentals and health benefits of xanthohumol, a natural product derived from hops and beer". Natural product communications. 4 (5): 591–610. PMID 19445313.
- Stevens JF, Page JE (May 2004). "Xanthohumol and related prenylflavonoids from hops and beer: to your good health!". Phytochemistry. 65 (10): 1317–30. doi:10.1016/j.phytochem.2004.04.025. PMID 15231405.
|This article about a phenol is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|