|Born||13 July 1987|
|Listed height||2.10 m (6 ft 11 in)|
|Listed weight||114 kg (251 lb)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Undrafted|
Xavier "Xavi" Rey Sanuy (born 13 July 1987) is a Spanish professional basketball player for Iberojet Palma of the Spanish LEB Oro, second tier national competition. Standing at 2.10 m (6 ft 10 ¾ in) and weighting 114 kg (252 lbs), he plays as center.
In the summer 2019 he joins Olimpia Milano for the summer preparation due to the missing players that were playing in the Fiba World Cup; on 24 September, day of the starting 2019/2020 season of the Italian Serie A, Rey receives the offer to stay in Milan for the rest of the season. Less than a month later, he reaches a mutual agreement with the club and, on 19 October, Milan and Rey part ways. He did not play any official game with Milan.
Spain national teams
Rey competed internationally with the junior Spain national team, and then with the senior Spain national team at the EuroBasket 2011 prep games. He played in some friendly games but was not chosen to play in the main tournament. He was selected to play at EuroBasket 2013.
- "Xavi Rey, nueva incorporación del B the travel brand Mallorca" (in Spanish). leboro.es. 20 October 2019.
- "Olimpia, il primo allenamento al "Vismara" e domani i primi tiri" (in Italian). olimpiamilano.com. 19 August 2019.
- "L'Olimpia tessera il centro Xavi Rey" (in Italian). olimpiamilano.com. 24 September 2019.
- "Grazie Xavi Rey: l'Olimpia e il centro risolvono il rapporto" (in Italian). olimpiamilano.com. 19 October 2019.
- Xavi Rey on Twitter
- Euroleague.net Profile
- FIBA Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Spanish League Profile (in Spanish)
|This biographical article relating to a Spanish basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|