Xavier Beauvois in February 2011
|Born||20 March 1967|
|Occupation||Actor, film director, screenwriter|
His film Of Gods and Men received the Grand Prix and the Prize of the Ecumenical Jury at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. The film was also selected as France's submission for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
He is married to film editor Marie-Julie Maille. They have two sons, Arthur, who was born in August 1992, and Antoine, born May 1996.
- "Festival de Cannes: N'oublie pas que tu vas mourir". festival-cannes.com. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- Chang, Justin (23 May 2010). "'Uncle Boonmee' wins Palme d'Or". Variety. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- Hopewell, John; Keslassy, Elsa (22 May 2010). "Int'l critics bestow top honors at Cannes". Variety. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "65 Countries Enter Race for 2010 Foreign Language Film Oscar". oscars.org. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "International competition of feature films". Venice. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Venice Film Festival Lineup Announced". Deadline. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Mes dates clés, par Xavier Beauvois". Libération.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xavier Beauvois.|