Xavier College Preparatory (Arizona)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Xavier College Preparatory|
4710 North Fifth Street|
Phoenix, (Maricopa County), Arizona 85012-1738
|Motto||Women of faith pursuing excellence; Leadership∙Tradition∙Community∙Service|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary|
|President||Sister Joan Fitzgerald, BVM|
|Principal||Sister Joan Nuckols, BVM|
|Enrollment||1,200 (October 1, 2014)|
|Color(s)||Royal blue, white and kelly green|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Western Catholic Education Association|
|School fees||Around $1,500|
|Tuition||$19,143.00 (full annual rate); $14,832.00 (reduced annual rate); 40% of students receive financial aid|
|Dean of Students||Denise Macrina|
|Director of Admissions||Paula Petrowski|
|Athletic Director||Sr. Lynn Winsor, BVM, CMAA|
Xavier College Preparatory is a Catholic, all-female private high school in Phoenix, Arizona, United States. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix, drawing students from 120 local schools and transfer students from around the world.
Xavier was founded 73 years ago by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, with 17 pioneer students. In the 2008–2009 school year, Xavier had over 1,200 (all female) students studying everything from aviation and architecture to chemistry and calculus. Students at Xavier share many classes with students from Brophy College Preparatory, the all-male Jesuit high school that is adjacent to Xavier.
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The curriculum at Xavier is a long-established college prep program. Honors classes are available in all fields of study, and AP classes are also an essential part of the curriculum. All seniors are required to take the AP Literature exam. In the past 10 years, the school has congratulated 82 National Merit Finalists, 143 Commended Scholars, 36 National Hispanic Scholars, and five National Black American Scholars. Xavier students have been designated Presidential Scholars in 1979, 1986, 1990, 2001, 2008, and 2014; Presidential Scholar Semi-Finalists in 1975, 1993, and 2014; and Flinn Scholars in 2004, 2014, and 2016. In 2005, a national Catholic publication named Xavier as among the top five Catholic high schools in the nation. In the 1990-91, 1994-96, and 2013-14 school years it was honored as a Blue Ribbon school.
XCP has an athletic program with numerous state championships including cross country, crew, golf, tennis, cheer, pom, swim, dive, badminton, and sand volleyball teams. XCP cheer was awarded the USA national championship in 2017. XCP fields championship volleyball, basketball, track and softball teams as well as active crew, lacrosse, and shooting club sports.
Xavier Prep Crew is the only girls high school Arizona crew team and has won many national titles, including 5th place at US Scholastic Nationals.
- Betsey Bayless, Secretary of State of Arizona
- Amanda Blumenherst, professional golfer
- Aidy Bryant, actress and comedian
- Jeanne Collier, diver and Olympic medalist
- Heather Farr, professional golfer
- Stacey Ferreira, entrepreneur, speaker, and author
- Lois Maffeo, musician
- Meghan McCain, news commentator
- Grace Park, professional golfer
- Loret Miller Ruppe, U.S. ambassador and director of the Peace Corps
- Emma Stone, actress
- Allie Teilz, DJ, model, and actress 
- Cheyenne Woods, professional golfer
- AIA 2012 enrollment figures Archived October 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Institution Summary, AdvancED, Retrieved 2012-07-08
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on June 30, 2014. Retrieved April 8, 2010.
- XCP athletics
- "Women of Achievement". Alumnae. Xavier College Preparatory. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Strege, John (November 11, 2007). "Sister Act". Golf Digest. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Bartkowski, Becky (August 22, 2013). "Saturday Night Live's Aidy Bryant on Real Housewives Addiction and How Kristen Wiig's The Best". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
- "Diving at the 1964 Tokyo Summer Games: Women's springboard". Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- "Young Scottsdale-raised Entrepreneurs Find Internet Niche" (PDF). Arizona Foothills Magazine.
- Mehr, Bob (March 23, 2000). "AUSTINTATIOUS". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Silverstein, Ken (February 29, 2008). "John McCain's Charitable Contributions". Harper's.
- Cordova, Randy (September 5, 2010). "Q&A: Valley's Emma Stone scores high marks". Arizona Republic. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Track & Field and Cross Country Statistics". Athletic.net. Retrieved 2016-02-26.